A process for this page is already running and it was still

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!

A process for this page is already running and it was still

Postby arunsupremesave » 6:30am, Sat 12 Jan, 2013

i got this error message in my eventlog. i am not too familiar with the phplist

i have 70000 emails in a list.i have a dedicated or vps server.. i tried to send newsletters but it is not getting delivered i havent set a cronjob please help me if i want to set it anyway.

here is my config.php settings

define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",0);
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",100);
define('MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE',1);

please suggest me the changes with exact details.
arunsupremesave
phpLister

Re: A process for this page is already running and it was st

Postby JacobN » 8:57pm, Mon 14 Jan, 2013

Hello arunsupremesave,

The way your current config.php settings are configured, once you start to process the message queue, it will just keep going until it's completed. The only thing that it will be doing is pausing 1 second in between each message, as you have the MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE setting set to 1.

You currently do not have batch mode enabled as you have MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE set to 0. When you send messages in batches, it will refresh the page every X amount of seconds, where X is equal to the value you have for the MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD setting, and let you see the progress of your message sending.

However when you're not using batch mode, it can tie up the PHP process that phpList uses, and like you're encountering you could receive an error of A process for this page is already running and it was still running X seconds ago.

This should mean that your original processing of the message queue should still be going on. Do you happen to have SSH access to your server? If so you could tail your mail logs to see if the deliveries are in fact happening.

As an example on the server I have phpList installed on, I use the following command to watch the deliveries as they happen:

Code: Select all
tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog | grep example.com

What you need to run will probably look different depending on the location of your mail logs, and your domain name. If the mail isn't being sent out at all, then you could possibly have a hung PHP process, you can track this down with the following command assuming that your username is userna5:

ps afux | grep userna5

If you see a process that looks like this:

userna5 30170  0.9  0.0 140356 15744 ?        S    15:51   0:00  |   \_ /usr/bin/php /home/userna5/public_html/list/admin/index.php

You can stop that process by issuing the kill command on its process ID [30170]:

kill 30170

That should hopefully allow you to try to start processing the message queue again. If you continue to encounter issues like this while not using the batch sending options you might want to try enabling them to see if it helps in your case:

define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",60);
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",60);

This will send out 60 messages in a minute, then it will pause for a minute and refresh your web browser window to start sending the next batch of 60.

Hope that information helps. Let me know if you're still having issues.

- Jacob
JacobN
PL Nut

Postby arunsupremesave » 9:16am, Fri 01 Feb, 2013

Hi JacobN,

Thanks for your detailed answering.it was helpfull.but i hav some issues still please help me :cry:

when i set my config settings file for sending 4000 messages in an hour,it sends 4000 messages around 4500seconds and then it stops sending i think..when i took event log it is showing "Waiting for 3600 seconds before reloading"(i think it stopped sending) .when i clicked process queue it again starts sending.i have queued to sent it for 90000 emails.how can i send emails automaticaly after the batch size is reached because i have a big list...please help me

define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",4000);
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",3600);

define('MAILQUEUE_AUTOTHROTTLE',0);
arunsupremesave
phpLister

Postby arunsupremesave » 9:19am, Fri 01 Feb, 2013

Hi JacobN,

Thanks for your detailed answering.it was helpfull.but i hav some issues still please help me

when i set my config settings file for sending 4000 messages in an hour,it sends 4000 messages around 4500seconds and then it stops sending i think..when i took event log it is showing "Waiting for 3600 seconds before reloading"(i think it stopped sending) .when i clicked process queue it again starts sending.i have queued to sent it for 90000 emails.how can i send emails automaticaly after the batch size is reached because i have a big list...please help me

JacobN wrote:Hello arunsupremesave,

The way your current config.php settings are configured, once you start to process the message queue, it will just keep going until it's completed. The only thing that it will be doing is pausing 1 second in between each message, as you have the MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE setting set to 1.

You currently do not have batch mode enabled as you have MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE set to 0. When you send messages in batches, it will refresh the page every X amount of seconds, where X is equal to the value you have for the MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD setting, and let you see the progress of your message sending.

However when you're not using batch mode, it can tie up the PHP process that phpList uses, and like you're encountering you could receive an error of A process for this page is already running and it was still running X seconds ago.

This should mean that your original processing of the message queue should still be going on. Do you happen to have SSH access to your server? If so you could tail your mail logs to see if the deliveries are in fact happening.

As an example on the server I have phpList installed on, I use the following command to watch the deliveries as they happen:

tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog | grep example.com

What you need to run will probably look different depending on the location of your mail logs, and your domain name. If the mail isn't being sent out at all, then you could possibly have a hung PHP process, you can track this down with the following command assuming that your username is userna5:

ps afux | grep userna5

If you see a process that looks like this:

userna5 30170  0.9  0.0 140356 15744 ?        S    15:51   0:00  |   \_ /usr/bin/php /home/userna5/public_html/list/admin/index.php

You can stop that process by issuing the kill command on its process ID [30170]:

kill 30170

That should hopefully allow you to try to start processing the message queue again. If you continue to encounter issues like this while not using the batch sending options you might want to try enabling them to see if it helps in your case:

define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE",60);
define("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",60);

This will send out 60 messages in a minute, then it will pause for a minute and refresh your web browser window to start sending the next batch of 60.

Hope that information helps. Let me know if you're still having issues.

- Jacob
arunsupremesave
phpLister

Postby arunsupremesave » 12:58pm, Fri 01 Feb, 2013

Hi JacobN,

Thanks for your detailed answering.it was helpfull.but i hav some issues still please help me

arunsupremesave
phpLister

arunsupremesave
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing