Fatal Error: Cannot find column with email...

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Fatal Error: Cannot find column with email...

Postby mubiesam » 8:57am, Tue 27 Mar, 2007

Fatal Error: Cannot find column with email, please make sure the column is called "email" and not eg e-mail.

Please help me with this error, I'm quite sure I had put email in the first line as attached photo, but still got the error message as above.

Thank you!
Sam
mubiesam
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 12:44am, Fri 30 Mar, 2007

Please search the forum for that error message. You should have a fair chance to find an answer to that your question.
H2B2

Fatal Error: Cannot find column with email, please make sure

Postby mattjabs » 9:13pm, Wed 18 Apr, 2007

I am getting this same error message. I have tried everything I can find. Mostly I downloaded the two .zip files on this post:

forums[DOT]phplist[DOT]com/viewtopic[DOT]php?p=16266#16266

PS... you have to be logged in to see & download the attachments.

That didn't help.

The funny thing is, that all I did was export my users in a .csv file, then I made zero changes & just tried to reimport the same file (to narrow down my errors). I still received the same error.

So right now, PHPList cannot import the file that it exported! Frustrating.

Can anyone help me with this error? Everything else is working fine. I can send messages to all my lists etc...but I cannot import users.

I'm trying to import a .csv file using this option, "import emails with different values for attributes."
mattjabs
phpList newbie

Postby mattjabs » 10:06pm, Wed 18 Apr, 2007

mubiesam: I fixed the issue for my import. Here's what I did...

1. download the two .zip files on this post: forums[DOT]phplist[DOT]com/viewtopic[DOT]php?p=16266#16266 and apply them. PS...you have to be registered & logged in to see the .zip files.

2. When importing the .csv file, in the field marked "Field Delimiter: (default is TAB)" you need to put a comma in that field, not the word comma, but an actual "," (without the quotes).

If you follow this, it should import. Mine did!
mattjabs
phpList newbie

Return to Question & Problems - after installing