Fatal Error: Cannot find column with email...

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!

Fatal Error: Cannot find column with email...

Postby mubiesam » 8:57am, Tue 27 Mar, 2007

Fatal Error: Cannot find column with email, please make sure the column is called "email" and not eg e-mail.

Please help me with this error, I'm quite sure I had put email in the first line as attached photo, but still got the error message as above.

Thank you!
Sam
mubiesam
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 12:44am, Fri 30 Mar, 2007

Please search the forum for that error message. You should have a fair chance to find an answer to that your question.
H2B2

Fatal Error: Cannot find column with email, please make sure

Postby mattjabs » 9:13pm, Wed 18 Apr, 2007

I am getting this same error message. I have tried everything I can find. Mostly I downloaded the two .zip files on this post:

forums[DOT]phplist[DOT]com/viewtopic[DOT]php?p=16266#16266

PS... you have to be logged in to see & download the attachments.

That didn't help.

The funny thing is, that all I did was export my users in a .csv file, then I made zero changes & just tried to reimport the same file (to narrow down my errors). I still received the same error.

So right now, PHPList cannot import the file that it exported! Frustrating.

Can anyone help me with this error? Everything else is working fine. I can send messages to all my lists etc...but I cannot import users.

I'm trying to import a .csv file using this option, "import emails with different values for attributes."
mattjabs
phpList newbie

Postby mattjabs » 10:06pm, Wed 18 Apr, 2007

mubiesam: I fixed the issue for my import. Here's what I did...

1. download the two .zip files on this post: forums[DOT]phplist[DOT]com/viewtopic[DOT]php?p=16266#16266 and apply them. PS...you have to be registered & logged in to see the .zip files.

2. When importing the .csv file, in the field marked "Field Delimiter: (default is TAB)" you need to put a comma in that field, not the word comma, but an actual "," (without the quotes).

If you follow this, it should import. Mine did!
mattjabs
phpList newbie

Return to Question & Problems - after installing