Confirm email doesn't go out.

Questions & Problems about Installing or Upgrading

Confirm email doesn't go out.

Postby Ragnar » 9:07pm, Sat 05 Jan, 2013

How do you set it up so users get the E-mail to confirm their subscription? I've tried both a Gmail account, and an E-mail on my own domain.

And yes, I checked the SPAM folder in Gmail.
Ragnar
phpList newbie

Re: Confirm email doesn't go out.

Postby JacobN » 8:54pm, Fri 11 Jan, 2013

Hello Ragnar,

Are you manually adding or importing users into phpList and assigning them to lists, or are you using a subscribe page where they come to subscribe themselves?

If you're manually adding the users, the Is this user confirmed (1/0) option needs to be set to 0, this sets it so they are not yet confirmed. If you're importing them, you need to ensure that you have the Send Notification email option at the bottom selected.

Then you can use the manage users > reconcile users links to re-send out a confirmation email. I actually did an article on this about how to manually add a user to phpList that has full details and screenshots if you're interested.

If you already had the chance to create a subscribe page for users to sign themselves up to your lists, then it should be sending them out the confirmations automatically.

If you've got all this setup, then you'd need to ask your web host to review the mail logs to determine what's happening with your deliveries, and why they're not ending up at their destinations.

Depending on how your web host has PHP configured on their server, you might need to set the $message_envelope value in your config.php file, or use the define("PHPMAILERHOST",''); setting to actually connect to your SMTP mail server instead of using the PHP mail() function. Check out a previous post I did here on these forums about setting the Return-Path: headers in phpList if that's the case.

Hope that helps, let me know if none of that works for you.

- Jacob
JacobN
PL Nut

Return to Installing & Upgrading