FCK Editor just 1 row toolbar

Once you've installed phpList... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, broswer & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation.

FCK Editor just 1 row toolbar

Postby RIProduce » 10:54pm, Tue 20 Aug, 2013

After upgrading to version 3.0 everything is gradually coming to life again, except the FCK Editor it shows only a menu bar with 1 line of buttons and there is no way to key in tekst in the textfield.

The settings menu shows a setting for "Second row of toolbar elements in the editor " with no entry. I tried to key in different setting but nothing brings back the normal menubars.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Victor
RIProduce
phpLister

Re: FCK Editor just 1 row toolbar

Postby duncanc » 10:07am, Wed 21 Aug, 2013

The settings entry needs to be a comma separated list of buttons. Something like this:

Code: Select all
Bold,Italic,Underline

You will need to look at the FCK Editor documentation to find out the valid button names.
duncanc

Postby Dragonrider » 12:06pm, Wed 21 Aug, 2013

Or consider adding the CKEditor plugin, I like it very much.
My sites:- http://wharfedalefestival.co.uk, http://ilkleygardeners.org.uk, http://emergencyaid.net, http://dragonrider.co.uk
Latest phpList version is now 3.0.8 (10 September 2014) and requires a minimum of MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.3.x
Dragonrider

Postby RIProduce » 9:15pm, Wed 21 Aug, 2013

Sorry to say this but why is this update so, let me call it politely, undocumented. Still trying to find the right command/button names to get back what we once had. Introducing another editor is nice but not the solution, lets first get FCK fully operational again. Hereby al the buttonnames I found:

document,Source,-,Save,NewPage,DocProps,Preview,Print,-,Templates,clipboard,Cut,Copy,Paste,PasteText,PasteFromWord,-,Undo,Redo,editing,Find,Replace,-,SelectAll,-,SpellChecker, Scayt,forms,Form,Checkbox,Radio,TextField,Textarea,Select,Button,ImageButton,HiddenField,basicstyles,Bold,Italic,Underline,Strike,Subscript,Superscript,-,RemoveFormat,paragraph,NumberedList,BulletedList,-,Outdent,Indent,-,Blockquote,CreateDiv,-,JustifyLeft,JustifyCenter,JustifyRight,JustifyBlock,-,BidiLtr,BidiRtl,links,Link,Unlink,Anchor,insert,Image,Flash,Table,HorizontalRule,Smiley,SpecialChar,PageBreak,Iframe,styles,Styles,Format,Font,FontSize,colors,TextColor,BGColor,tools,Maximize,ShowBlocks,-,About

None of them produces me a FCK editor with the 'old' menubars and functionality. I'm getting really unhappy about this 'upgrade'.

Anyone ideas, or has the editor working?
RIProduce
phpLister

Postby RIProduce » 8:56pm, Thu 22 Aug, 2013

Tried everything I could think of without succes. FCKeditor is just not working in version 3 and CKeditor does not support background images (even not with extra plugin). I decided to leave version 3 as is and seperatley installed 2.10.19 FCKeditor looks normal again and everything seems to be working.
Attachments
Old PHP.PNG
The FCKeditor as it should be!
Old PHP.PNG (23.12 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
RIProduce
phpLister

Postby RIProduce » 9:56am, Fri 23 Aug, 2013

Think I finally found the problem. Now got both version 2.10 and 3.0 running on the same system/browser (IE10). Version 2.10 works in compatibility mode, version 3.0 works in normal mode. Latter seems to be the reason FCKeditor does not work, I tried to switch on compatibilitymode for version 3.0 but it does not let me to. Somebody an idea on this? Also tried from a different location an computer, V3.0 works there including FCKeditor.
RIProduce
phpLister

Postby RIProduce » 7:17am, Sat 24 Aug, 2013

For me the only possibility tor run 3.0 with IE10 is to go to tools on the webrowser and select F12 (developer programs) and put the displaymode on IE9. I'm now searching for a way to let 3.0 automatically invoke this mode. Most websites display the compatibility mode icon in the toolbar. When running PHPlist 3.0 this icon is not displayed.
Attachments
PHPlist 3.0 mode.PNG
With PHPlist 3.0 opened
PHPlist 3.0 mode.PNG (753 Bytes) Viewed 1656 times
Compat mode.PNG
compatibility mode
Compat mode.PNG (859 Bytes) Viewed 1656 times
RIProduce
phpLister

Postby Dragonrider » 8:17am, Sat 24 Aug, 2013

According to one of the Microsoft forums Tools>Compatibility View Settings and add your phpList3 site to the list of always view in compatibilty mode.
My sites:- http://wharfedalefestival.co.uk, http://ilkleygardeners.org.uk, http://emergencyaid.net, http://dragonrider.co.uk
Latest phpList version is now 3.0.8 (10 September 2014) and requires a minimum of MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.3.x
Dragonrider

Postby RIProduce » 10:43am, Sat 24 Aug, 2013

The site is in but for some reason it does not work for PHPlist 3.0, it does work for the old version. When starting 3.0 the compatibillity icon is NOT displayed.
Attachments
Compat mode options.PNG
Domainriproduce.nl in compat options
Compat mode options.PNG (13.45 KiB) Viewed 1650 times
RIProduce
phpLister

Postby RIProduce » 11:12am, Sat 24 Aug, 2013

Finally fixed it! I'm not a programmer so please correct me if there are better ways to do this. This is what I found out:

Go to /lists/Admin and look for the file index.php
Open it with a tekst editor and look for this line header('X-UA-Compatible: IE=Edge);
Change Edge to 8 save the file and login to you PHPlist.

Stil te compatibilitymode icon is not displayed next to the url but at least it works.

If anyone knows a better way to fix this please reply, this is the best I could come up with.
RIProduce
phpLister

Postby RIProduce » 10:54am, Mon 26 Aug, 2013

Hello everyone,

Just found outhe editor is functional and at least I can compose the mail as I was used to, but not everything is working.

[*]The background image does not appear in FCKeditor, it does appear on a sent mail/campaign.
[*]Pull down menus like "Style" and "Font" are functional but pop-up windows like "add image" remain empty and cannot be closed after being invoked. Pressing back button on the browser works to close the windows (or to get rid of the window)

Anyone?
RIProduce
phpLister

Postby dancemelody » 3:26pm, Wed 30 Apr, 2014

In dir fckphplist find file config.php
open it with text editor.

In this file you find function: FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["Default"]

This is very short!
So select the code:
FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["Default"] = [
  ['Source','PasteWord','Link','Unlink'],
  ['Bold','Italic','Underline'],
  ['OrderedList','UnorderedList'],
  ['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyFull'],
  ['Image','FontFormat','About']

And replace it with:
FCKConfig.ToolbarSets["Default"] = [
   ['Source','DocProps','-','Save','NewPage','Preview','-','Templates'],
   ['Cut','Copy','Paste','PasteText','PasteWord','-','Print','SpellCheck'],
   ['Undo','Redo','-','Find','Replace','-','SelectAll','RemoveFormat'],
   ['Form','Checkbox','Radio','TextField','Textarea','Select','Button','ImageButton','HiddenField'],
   '/',
   ['Bold','Italic','Underline','StrikeThrough','-','Subscript','Superscript'],
   ['OrderedList','UnorderedList','-','Outdent','Indent','Blockquote','CreateDiv'],
   ['JustifyLeft','JustifyCenter','JustifyRight','JustifyFull'],
   ['Link','Unlink','Anchor'],
   ['Image','Flash','Table','Rule','Smiley','SpecialChar','PageBreak'],
   '/',
   ['Style','FontFormat','FontName','FontSize'],
   ['TextColor','BGColor'],
   ['FitWindow','ShowBlocks','-','About']

Save, upload new file to fckphplist directory and you have full version of FCK editor
dancemelody
phpList newbie

Return to Questions and Problems after Installing