[solved] FCKeditor Image Upload Problem after upgrade 2.10.8

Solutions for other phpList users

Re: [solved] FCKeditor Image Upload Problem after upgrade 2.10.8

Postby mariocesar » 3:44pm, Mon 25 May, 2009

:( I am with same problemas using 2.10.10, I get no response trying to upload an image.

If the problem cames since the 2.10.8 version is a quite odd that remains in the 2.10.10

I check all the requirements to upload images, the uplad tab shows, but it doesn't do nothing else that load and load and load ...

I try to replace the th FCKEditor folder from the 2.10.07 version to 2.10.10, after that I get many javascript errors. There is any other idea to solve this?
mariocesar
phpList newbie

Postby hominid4 » 6:47pm, Thu 04 Jun, 2009

mariocesar, did you solve your image upload problem? I'm having the same issue, I'll browse for an image, click 'Send it to the Server' and then it just keeps loading. I've check all my settings many times, permissions are correct, etc.

Using v2.10.10

Thanks!,
Wesley
hominid4
phpList newbie

Postby froessler » 9:15pm, Sun 07 Jun, 2009

froessler
phpList newbie

Postby nachotronics » 7:29pm, Tue 09 Jun, 2009

neverthesame wrote:Although this thread is tag as solved it took me quite a while before I got everything running:

I went for the solution to swap the FCKeditor with the lates version(2.6.4)
to avoid breaking anyting I left the main foder with its original name "fckeditor" and changed the PHPlist files that refered to that instead:
- admin/fckphplist.php (on line: 170 and 269)
- admin/send_core.php (on line: 8/9 and 1162)
- admin/template.php (on line: 14/15 and 222)

Futhermore you need to set the different paths in in fckeditor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php
The most easies way for me was to re-use the one that came with the PHPlist package.
It only contains a bad bug (the pathe that should point to the config file isn't right). This causes all the error messages when uploading.
right path on line 32/33 should be:
Code: Select all
} elseif (is_file('../../../../../../config/config.php')) {
  include "../../../../../../config/config.php";

and in order to make the image path absolute you could change line 53 to:
$Config['UserFilesPath'] = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$GLOBALS['pageroot'].FCKIMAGES_DIR.'/';
and line 60 to:
$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].$GLOBALS['pageroot'].FCKIMAGES_DIR.'/';

EDIT(file is not included):
One last thing:
To get rid of the XML error I uploaded a .htaccess file in fckeditor/editor/filemanager/ containing the following:
Code: Select all
<FilesMatch "\.(php)$">
Order allow,deny
allow from all
</FilesMatch>

Just to save you some time I wraped it all in a package.
This includes FCKeditor v2.6.4
and all the above mentioned files
http://drop.io/FCKeditor264_inc_files_PHPlist#

The server didn't reply with a proper XML data. Please check your configuration.

Worked perfect!! Thanks a lot!

Edit: Using PhpList 2.10.10 / FCKeditor 2.6.4
nachotronics
phpLister

Postby Dragonrider » 7:36pm, Tue 09 Jun, 2009

Dragonrider

Postby hellocatfood » 5:47pm, Sat 04 Jul, 2009

Thanks, this fixed all of my problems!
hellocatfood
phpLister

Postby supportlounge » 9:05am, Fri 10 Jul, 2009

Could you please post the files again?

Many thanks.
supportlounge
phpList newbie

Postby jami1955 » 5:21pm, Fri 17 Jul, 2009

The location of the phplist 2.10.7 is here http://sourceforge.net/projects/phplist/files/

I must say, on the one hand a free script like phplist is great. Great work everybody. On the other hand the way this fckeditor image upload problem is NOT being handled is a little shocking. Where are the guys looking after bugs?

JSC, Boulder
jami1955
phpLister

Postby hellocatfood » 7:49pm, Fri 17 Jul, 2009

jami1955 wrote:The location of the phplist 2.10.7 is here http://sourceforge.net/projects/phplist/files/

I must say, on the one hand a free script like phplist is great. Great work everybody. On the other hand the way this fckeditor image upload problem is NOT being handled is a little shocking. Where are the guys looking after bugs?

JSC, Boulder

In the open source world the people taking care of bugs, development and features are people like you and me i.e. the users. phplist is actively being developed but if there are any issues bring it to the developers' attention and file a bug report http://mantis.phplist.com/my_view_page.php
hellocatfood
phpLister

Postby jeffmart » 4:53pm, Thu 03 Sep, 2009

Not working in 2.10.10 here!

I tried all sugestions posted here. Then, all kind of combinations of them too. But nothing did filemanager
to work here.

I still get a infinite loop in progress bar of "Send to Server" option, and a XML error in filemanager gui.

Changing folders, permissions, changing paths (user and "absolute") to "coded mode" (linked to config.php
defined paths), or "strict mode", putting real path in those variables at connector config.php, changing
folder locations, absolute or relative to phplist main, nothing change. Still same results.

Can anybody help-me, please???
Tkx!

Jeff
jeffmart
phpList newbie

Postby luuuciano » 5:04pm, Thu 03 Sep, 2009

jeffmart, I have used full paths in fckeditor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php and it is working ok
luuuciano
PL Master

Postby jeffmart » 2:17am, Fri 04 Sep, 2009

luuuciano wrote:jeffmart, I have used full paths in fckeditor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php and it is working ok

As I said, full nor coded paths help-me here. See, I used "echo's" in php (template.php, using "Template" menu just to
test FCKeditor there) to test the variables $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] and $Config['UserFilesPath'], and they are pointing to the right folder/server path, in two solutions! Despite that, FCKeditor still can't upload images! Before somebody ask, yes, the directory already has 777(!) permission... :(

Some light, please?
jeffmart
phpList newbie

Postby luuuciano » 3:00am, Fri 04 Sep, 2009

well, I just downloaded the latest fckeditor (by that time, 1 or 3 months ago), deleted the phplist one and used the latest there... then changed to full paths in the connector file as someone commented here... and it is working...

using php variables in the connector did not work for me...
luuuciano
PL Master

Postby jeffmart » 2:38pm, Fri 04 Sep, 2009

Ok. Now I get it working here. But only after change FCKedit to original 2.6.4.1 - tip from luuuciano (thx!)

It is importante to note that for this, "connector" "phplist" will lost its function,
and the configs need to be write in connector "php".

For caution, I created a new directory, named "fckeditor", parallel to FCKeditor. Them,
these tips from nachotronics and neverthesame are important:

nachotronics wrote:
neverthesame wrote:Although this thread is tag as solved it took me quite a while before I got everything running:

I went for the solution to swap the FCKeditor with the lates version(2.6.4)
to avoid breaking anyting I left the main foder with its original name "fckeditor" and changed the PHPlist files that refered to that instead:
- admin/fckphplist.php (on line: 170 and 269)
- admin/send_core.php (on line: 8/9 and 1162)
- admin/template.php (on line: 14/15 and 222)

So, I used full paths in config for php connector.

The only one issue resting is confirmation for images/files from message/template insertion. The system, at least in
mine phplist, can't recognize external or internal images, besides they are working corretly, so in upload as
to sended messages...
jeffmart
phpList newbie

Postby mckeephoto » 9:45pm, Fri 11 Sep, 2009

Whoa! I think I finally got it to work! Thank you Nachotronics!
mckeephoto
PL Nut

PreviousNext

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks