using attributes in content not working?

Solutions for other phpList users
Forum rules
Please do not ask questions here, this is for Solutions you have discovered or come across.

using attributes in content not working?

Postby hinnerk » 9:34am, Sun 13 Jan, 2013

Hello, I am slowly getting slightly depressive about this: For the last two days I am trying to use some "attributes" in my content.

After importing the Data I want to use I e.g. have a field "Twitter" storing the subscribers Twitteraccount. As far as I understood all I have to do is put [Twitter] somewhere in the Content and PHPList will output the twitteraccount of the user receiving the mail.

Now... this only seems to work for [Email] and other "default" Placeholders. - All my custom fields seem to be inaccessable this way and using [Twitter] results in a blank line... anyone an idea? do I do it wrong? is it broken?

Thanks for your help,
Hinnerk
hinnerk
phpList newbie

Re: using attributes in content not working?

Postby Dragonrider » 12:32pm, Sun 13 Jan, 2013

Have you created this Twitter attribute, is it TWITTER or Twitter (may make a difference) and is this attribute added to your subscribe page and finally, has anyone added their details to this field?

Then providing the above is correct, adding [Twitter] within your content for your messages, it should work.
Dragonrider

Postby hinnerk » 10:03am, Mon 14 Jan, 2013

Thanks for your hint... it solved the problem: (blush) yes... I typed the data directly in my testing account in phplist and... used my regular e-mailadress to send the test-mails to... problem solved. [need a :wallsmily:]
hinnerk
phpList newbie

Postby Dragonrider » 10:58am, Mon 14 Jan, 2013

hinnerk wrote:Thanks for your hint... it solved the problem: (blush) yes... I typed the data directly in my testing account in phplist and... used my regular e-mailadress to send the test-mails to... problem solved. [need a :wallsmily:]

That's an easy one!

Dragonrider

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks