I was logged out everytime i clicked on a link

Solutions for other phpList users

I was logged out everytime i clicked on a link

Postby dexter2908 » 11:50am, Tue 12 Mar, 2013

Hi,

I manage to find someone asking for the same problem however, the solution is not working for me. I've tried to change the CHECK_IP status from the config file, i've also tried to change the Fast CGI to Apache Module(but i don't know how to do this).

The only solution that works is if i turned off the login function. But i prefer to have login. Can anyone help please?

Regards,
Dexter
dexter2908
phpList newbie

Re: I was logged out everytime i clicked on a link

Postby JacobN » 6:02pm, Fri 15 Mar, 2013

Hello Dexter, and thanks for your question.

Have you tried all of the things recommended in the phpList FAQ regarding this?

Why does phpList ask me to login for every admin page I try to load?

* This generally indicates that something is wrong with session handling in your PHP configuration. Check your php.ini file and make sure you have this set: session.use_cookies = 1, and/or ask your ISP to make sure sessions are enabled in your PHP configuration and are stored correctly.

* The temporary directory on your server doesn't have read/write permissions. Please make sure that it does have read/write permissions.

* The temporary directory has filled up with temporary files, and phpList is unable to write to it. You can fix this by cleaning up your temp dir.

* You are connecting through multiple proxies and this means that your IP address isn't the same for every page request. (AOL is an example of an ISP that connects in this way.) You can solve this in config.php, by setting define("CHECK_SESSIONIP",0);

* Alternatively, you can store sessions in the database instead of the default place by assigning a table name to this value. Enable this setting in config.php: $SessionTableName = "phplistsessions"; by uncommenting this line. The table will be created and will not use any prefixes. This only works when using mySQL and only for administrator sessions.

If none of that works, you might want to try using a proxy service that you trust and directly entering in your admin credentials like this to see if it allows you to stay in:

Code: Select all
http://example.com/list/admin/?login=admin&password=MyPassword

Hope that helps.

- Jacob
JacobN
PL Nut

Return to Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks