Does PHPList record IP Address for Confirmation emails?

Questions about phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Does PHPList record IP Address for Confirmation emails?

Postby bizpod » 4:18pm, Thu 29 Nov, 2007

I'm hosted on DreamHost and want to use PHPlist in conjunction with my aMember database to send my members a weekly email.

Dreamhost has insisted that I have a record of the original sign up IP (which I get from aMember) AND the IP address and time record for when the member clicked the confirmation email (which will be sent from PHPList.

After doing a couple of test confirmations to create sample records I can see no record of any IP address in the logs. No luck searching these forums either.

Does anyone know if PHPlist records this information and how I can access it thanks.

BTW. aMember does create a record for the confirmation which is currently the PayPal receipt # for their payment (I only email members that have purchased a subscription) - dreamhost will not accept the receipt # as valid proof of confirmation!
bizpod
phpList newbie

Re: Does PHPList record IP Address for Confirmation emails?

Postby H2B2 » 1:11am, Fri 30 Nov, 2007

bizpod wrote:Dreamhost has insisted that I have a record of the original sign up IP (which I get from aMember) AND the IP address and time record for when the member clicked the confirmation email (which will be sent from PHPList.
These data are registered by phpList, assuming of course subscribers did in fact subscribe (opt-in), as opposed to being imported.

If you go to the users page, click on a user, and than on a user's "history", you will find the IP address beneath the column "IP".
H2B2

Re: Does PHPList record IP Address for Confirmation emails?

Postby devastor » 6:17am, Fri 13 Feb, 2015

Hello,

is it possible to provide the IP-adress of the user in the confirmation email?

Is there any [code] in that style?

Best Regards
Mathias
devastor
PL Nut

Return to Does phpList do this?