Intergrating with current registration system

Questions about phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Intergrating with current registration system

Postby shaunthomson » 4:26am, Tue 17 Apr, 2012

Hi

I'm looking at mailing list software options, and am wondering if someone could briefly explain how PHPlist (or mailing list software in general) integrates with current registration pages? To be more specific, do you have to redesign the backend of you current reg page, or does phplist somehow link in with it?

My reg page looks like this:

When the user registers, the database stores their entered details, and an activation code is generated and stored in another table along with their user ID. Php then emails them the activation code in a link. Once they click that, a whole bunch of other back end set up is initiated. So how does mailing list subscription fit into this?

Thanks for your time and help.
shaunthomson
phpList newbie

Re: Intergrating with current registration system

Postby allenethan » 12:23pm, Sun 28 Jul, 2013

shaunthomson wrote:Hi

I'm looking at mailing list software options, and am wondering if someone could briefly explain how PHPlist (or mailing list software in general) integrates with current registration pages? To be more specific, do you have to redesign the backend of you current reg page, or does phplist somehow link in with it?

My reg page looks like this:

When the user registers, the database stores their entered details, and an activation code is generated and stored in another table along with their user ID. Php then emails them the activation code in a link. Once they click that, a whole bunch of other back end set up is initiated. So how does mailing list subscription fit into this?

Thanks for your time and help.

Yes. You have to redesign the backend of your current reg page. Phplist will not link in with it.
allenethan
phpLister

Return to Does phpList do this?