Using SSO (Single Sign On) for admin login

Questions about phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Using SSO (Single Sign On) for admin login

Postby bartgymnast » 7:51pm, Wed 11 Jul, 2012

Hi All,

I have been searching the forum for the following but could not find it.

I am currently using PhP list to send notifications to customers.
I want to integrate PhP list in our lemonldap-ng (SSO) system.

On lemonldap-ng portal an user logs in and from their he/she can access the applications that he/she has access to.
This application opens up directly without having to re-login into that application.

PhP list code is pretty big and a bit messy for an not-so experienced php coder like myself, so I am searching for a needly in a haystack.

Has anyone been able to make this work, and what parts of the PhP list code have you changed to make this work?
bartgymnast
phpList newbie

Re: Using SSO (Single Sign On) for admin login

Postby duncanc » 6:48am, Thu 12 Jul, 2012

See this section in config.php that explains how to provide alternative authentication methods
# admin authentication module.
# to validate the login for an administrator, you can define your own authentication module
# this is not finished yet, so don't use it unless you're happy to play around with it
# if you have modules to contribute, open a tracker issue on http://mantis.phplist.com
# the default module is phplist_auth.inc, which you can find in the "auth" subdirectory of the
# admin directory. It will tell you the functions that need to be defined for phplist to
# retrieve it's information.
# phplist will look for a file in that directory, or you can enter the full path to the file

# eg
#$admin_auth_module = 'phplist_auth.inc';

# or
#$admin_auth_module = '/usr/local/etc/auth.inc';
duncanc

Re: Using SSO (Single Sign On) for admin login

Postby nimmi » 6:16am, Tue 18 Feb, 2014

I want to integrate phpList with another PHP website. I need a secure SSO. ie If I have logged in my PHP website I dont want to login again to phpList account. Is this possible? Please help
nimmi
phpLister

Return to Does phpList do this?