Send embedded .JPG Email

Questions about phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Send embedded .JPG Email

Postby SipnEat » 3:31pm, Fri 07 Dec, 2012

I have PHPList up and running, YAY!!! So far so good... but I do have one issue.

I would like to send out a .JPG file as the newsletter. Much like I can embed a .JPG into an email say from Outlook, that is what I want to send out from PHPList.

I swore I already did this as a test, but for some reason I cant repeat it.

Another question, mu current MailServ allows me to just email the list, it then takes that email and send it to the list subscribers changing the FROM address. It is locked bu a whitelist or password to allow the send to occur. I do not see that as an option in PHPList, and wanted to make sure Im not just missing something.. :D

Thanks in advance for the replies and help!

Brian
SipnEat
phpList newbie

Re: Send embedded .JPG Email

Postby SipnEat » 9:57pm, Fri 07 Dec, 2012

Well, after a few hours of trying to get a embedded .JPG, it looks like PHPList just does not do it. I figured out why it did it once, I was using a local URL, i.e D:\<dir>\filname.jpg and yep that worked as it was loading the local file! :oops:

While I can use HTML, that means the customer would have to create a web page, post it, then add the link, something they are not willing to do! Bummer..

I hate asking this question here, as this seems like a great List system, but is does anyone know of a open source, mail list system that allows a user to either a) email the exact email to a mail address, or b) allows a user to embed (not attach) a .jpg type file.

Thanks!

-b
SipnEat
phpList newbie

Return to Does phpList do this?