Using phpList in Java program

Questions about phpList features (the answer is probably 'Yes!')
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Using phpList in Java program

Postby Helveticus » 1:38pm, Sun 18 Aug, 2013

Hi

I'm writting s small Java program for sending newsletters. The java program should use phpList for sending. I'm familiar with Java but not familiar with PHP.

As I saw some functionality of phpList can also be used through php command line commands.

Is there a possibility to use phpList in Java? For example the user can input a text in the java program (which will be formated to HTML) and then press a button. This should then call a function so that a new message is created in phpList and the text is inserted. Finally, if the user press send, the message should be inserted into the phpList queue. So I just mean the normal operations as done in the phpList web interface but now I want do this in a java program.

Edit: I found the following: http://docs.phplist.com/CommandLineScriptInfo.html

I think I can use

Code: Select all
phplist -psend -s This is the subject -l test 1 2 3 -f me@server.com < messagefile

There are 3 remaining questions:

How can I look via command line how much addresses remains for sending? That means for example the message has yet to be sent to 50'000 addresses out of 100'000.

I want to be informed when the sending is finished. How can I set this by command line?

I want to specify the file for html and text mails separately, as it can be in the web interface. How can I do this?
Helveticus
PL Geek

Re: Using phpList in Java program

Postby Helveticus » 9:15pm, Wed 21 Aug, 2013

Can nobody help?
Helveticus
PL Geek

Return to Does phpList do this?