sequencial autoresponder

Find a developer, service provider, or even a job!

Do you want a sequential autoresponder for phplist?

Yes
99%
No
1%

Total votes : 82

Re: sequencial autoresponder

Postby hassansr » 6:06pm, Sun 16 Aug, 2009

how to get the code/files?
hassansr
PL Nut

Postby Dragonrider » 8:39pm, Sun 16 Aug, 2009

hassansr wrote:how to get the code/files?

CS2 wrote:It does not have any modification of core files, so it can easily be used with new versions of PHPlist. It does not have the I18N features that were discussed in this thread, though I can add that if someone would like to commission that.

I'm offering it for $25 and I prefer payment via Paypal. Please contact me via private message if you are interested in purchasing the script or commissioning additional features.

Thank you.

Might be worth a PM to CS2?
My sites:- http://wharfedalefestival.co.uk, http://ilkleygardeners.org.uk, http://emergencyaid.net, http://dragonrider.co.uk
Latest phpList version is now 3.0.12 (3 February 2015) and requires a minimum of MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.3.x
Dragonrider

Postby acox » 1:37pm, Fri 21 Aug, 2009

Hi,

Just a couple of quick question:

1) If you select "daily" as the interval, does the number you put in the column "Send Order" define the interval of days, or will it send those emails just daily, in that order? So if i put in the values,

test 1 - 1
test 2 - 3
test 3 - 8

Will it send test 1 on day 1, test 2 on day 3 and test 3 on day 8?
Or will it just send test 1 on day 1, test 2 on day 2 and test 3 on day 3?

2) When someone first joins the list, is test 1 sent out immediately or just after the 1st day? To send out immediately someone joins the list, should test 1 be set to "0" interval?

Many thanks, i think i will defo buy this...
acox
phpLister

Postby CS2 » 6:12am, Sat 22 Aug, 2009

The "Send Order" defines what order the emails will be sent in, only and does not affect the interval. When a person subscribes to a list they will receive the first message upon the next execution of the script by the cron job. So if you set the cron to run fairly often, they'll receive the message shortly after subscribing.

Many thanks, i think i will defo buy this...

No problem. Just send me a private message and I'll reply with the details.
CS2
PL Master

Postby danhaynes » 3:14am, Tue 25 Aug, 2009

I am interested in this.

What I want to do is have the autoresponder send tha Lastest Newsletter after each new subscription.
It needs to be able to determine what is the Last Newsletter on its own. And it only needs to send it
once after each new subsription.

Can this plugin handle that?

Thanks, Dan
danhaynes
phpList newbie

Postby mike40033 » 5:17am, Tue 08 Sep, 2009

The "Send Order" defines what order the emails will be sent in, only and does not affect the interval. When a person subscribes to a list they will receive the first message upon the next execution of the script by the cron job. So if you set the cron to run fairly often, they'll receive the message shortly after subscribing.

So.... does this mean the admin has no control over the interval, except by tweaking the cron job??

PS - I couldn't get the demo to work... it complained 'invalid password'
mike40033
phpList newbie

Postby CS2 » 5:46pm, Tue 08 Sep, 2009

mike40033 wrote:

So.... does this mean the admin has no control over the interval, except by tweaking the cron job??

PS - I couldn't get the demo to work... it complained 'invalid password'

No, you can control the interval via the admin panel.

I'll look into the login issue tonight.
CS2
PL Master

Postby CS2 » 3:26am, Thu 10 Sep, 2009

Double check the login, I just logged in with no problem using the login I posted previously.

Also, I had decided to release this plugin on the forums at the price I'm offering it as an experiment to see if there was sufficient interest to justify the low cost. Unfortunately, in nearly a month I've had a few inquiries and only two purchases. Thus, it simply isn't worth offering plugins in this manner, so I'm no longer offering the plugin for $25 (those who have already contacted me privately with questions can still purchase the plugin for $25). Anybody who wants to purchase it in the future can contact me directly via private message and I'll provide a quote for the plugin and any requested modifications.
CS2
PL Master

Postby craigascott » 4:17pm, Mon 21 Sep, 2009

Hi CS2,

I sent you a DM but i'm not sure you got it.

I am interested in purchasing the script. Where can I pay for it and download?
craigascott
phpList newbie

Postby BKH » 8:36am, Fri 25 Sep, 2009

I have recently loadup and have working PHPList.
But a little gutted not to find an autoresponder.
Having read the forums before hand I almost certainly thought the option to schedule by date or time run would have been present.

Any news on its inclussion or is it included and I missed it..

Chat some when you are able Guys pl.

Bkh
BKH
phpList newbie

Postby Arjan » 9:44pm, Mon 21 Dec, 2009

Hi,
I am looking for a tool to send my customers during the use of the product that they i sold to them an email with tips and advice for the use of that product.

Its about 30 unique mails. Every day new customers starting to use that product and needs to receive the emails.

Can i use phplist with your plugin for this?

Many thanks for your reply

regards
Arjan
Arjan
phpList newbie

Postby CS2 » 3:02am, Wed 23 Dec, 2009

Yes, my plug-in can definitely be used for that. Just add them to a list when you sell them your product and the messages will start going out. You can use set intervals between messages (daily, weekly, etc) or you can set a 'manual' interval (send messages out on the 1st, 3rd and 10th days or whatever you might need).

CS2
CS2
PL Master

Postby alex2010 » 11:11pm, Thu 04 Feb, 2010

CS2 wrote:
... or you can set a 'manual' interval (send messages out on the 1st, 3rd and 10th days or whatever you might need).

CS2

i've checked your demo and the only intervals i've found there were daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly.

am i missing anything?

ta

alex
alex2010
phpList newbie

Postby CS2 » 4:28am, Wed 24 Feb, 2010

alex2010 wrote:
i've checked your demo and the only intervals i've found there were daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly.

alex

Sorry, I updated the plugin but forgot to update the site. You can see the "manual" option now.
CS2
PL Master

Postby Psykar » 11:11am, Sun 28 Mar, 2010

How well do you think this would scale?

My client has about 150 emails sent out weekly in order to about 600 users, would this still be capable?
Also how easy would it be to manually add users partway into a sequence? (as if we do move, we don't want to start them all from scratch...)

Assuming these aren't big issues I'd definately be interested in purchasing!
Psykar
phpList newbie

PreviousNext

Return to Work & Commercial Projects