need a good host provider for phplist 2.10.10 with cron

Discussion about the phpList community

need a good host provider for phplist 2.10.10 with cron

Postby hassansr » 2:32pm, Tue 11 Aug, 2009

please let me know of a good cheap hosting service that phplist will work well on with the cron functioning properly. I send out about 5000 messages a week

Please let me know of the scripts you are using to make it work for you

Thanks
hassansr
PL Nut

Re: need a good host provider for phplist 2.10.10 with cron

Postby ulyyoung » 8:50pm, Sat 29 Aug, 2009

I personally use iweb, if you purchase their shared hosting prepaid for ten years you can get it for as low at $1.70 a month. Their regular monthly price isn't bad either. To my knowledge they do not have a limit on their smtp servers, and I would not suspect it, because they have unlimited bandwidth and 600gb server space with this package, though I sent a question in to ask them anyways. They also have a great fast response time for me, I live on the east coast, and my response time from my site is less then google.com. (52ms vs 46ms)

Good support as well, though I think the company may be out of France or something.
ulyyoung
phpLister

Re: need a good host provider for phplist 2.10.10 with cron

Postby jgt1942 » 10:33pm, Fri 25 Sep, 2009

I'm using www.siteground.com and the main reason I recently switch to them is all of the scripts you can easily install. Installing PhpList was just a couple of clicks, correctly learning how to use it is another matter and for me long story. So far I've been very pleased with SiteGround.
jgt1942
PL Nut

Return to Community