Need some advice

Discussion about the phpList community

Need some advice

Postby GriffinHeart » 10:54pm, Sun 28 Feb, 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find out the best mailing solution for me,

The main problem i have atm is with my list size and configuration of sending speed and etc.

So i ask you if you know, does phplist is suitable to send mailings up to 1 million adresses and does it allow freedom in configuring the speed at those messages get out?

Does it send the list in the background, or do i have to like, keep the page open?

Thank you,
Hugo Almeida.
GriffinHeart
phpList newbie

Re: Need some advice

Postby eazeegeek » 6:24pm, Thu 04 Mar, 2010

I have only used PHPlist so I might not be the best one to answer your question on whether there is any other solution better than this, but your other questions can be answered as far as PHPlist goes...

1. List size - Really large lists are allowed, but I dont know if there is any maximum.
2. Sending speed - Can be configured: How fast, How many at a time, At what frequency.
3. Automatic Processing - Yes, it is possible for automatic sending if you are allowed to setup Cron jobs on your server. In that case, once you have set up the Cron job, the only thing that you need to do is upload the mail content and time and your cron job should send it on time.

About the size: The number of mails sent does not so much depend on the platform (like PHPList) but your email server host. It is they who decide how many mails can be sent each hour. So check with them before identifying any solution for the mailer.

Hope this helps.
When using the Forum
  • Give details of your issue with error messages
  • Tell everything you have tried
  • For resolved issues add "RESOLVED" to Subject of your Post
eazeegeek
PL Master

Postby CS2 » 2:08pm, Fri 05 Mar, 2010

First off, if you are going to be sending to that many users, you will absolutely need a dedicated server. Depending on how often you will be sending to that list, you might need some more advanced configurations.

Second, I run PHPlist on a pair of dedicated servers and I can tell you that how fast you can send emails per hour will depend very greatly on the size of each message and how many placeholders you use. I have seen send rates anywhere from a few thousand an error up to over 50k/hour on a fairly low cost dedicated server.
CS2
PL Master

Postby GriffinHeart » 1:51pm, Wed 10 Mar, 2010

Yup i do have a dedicated server ,

My main obstacle is the database size, so wanted to check if it supports very large databases. I've tried other solutions but no suitable at all since it used a acess database wich capped at 1Gb size =|
GriffinHeart
phpList newbie

Postby cacleaner » 4:18pm, Sun 09 Jan, 2011

I have a problem in email notification, pls help me to solve it. :|
cacleaner
phpList newbie

Return to Community