High Volume Mailinglist Hosting

Discussion about the phpList community

High Volume Mailinglist Hosting

Postby myrddin70 » 4:54am, Fri 02 Mar, 2007

Hello, I have been using phplist on one of my sites for a year now and love it. This site publishes one newsletter once a month to about 200 people and growing.

I am starting a new project for a company and we are looking for hosting that can support newsletter/mailing list of 5,000 to 10,000 + newsletter/emailers per day.

The site I am doing the 200 posts on has a server delay of no more than 360 per hour. Well at 10,000 post at that rate is 28 hours. That will not work. I have checked out a few other hosts and they are roughly the same.

So I am looking for recommendations for newsletter hosting servers that can acommodate our needs.

Preferrably at a low cost too, would be nice.

I have searched the posts here and not found what I am looking for, so hopefully a regular can point me in the right direction.

Thank you for your time,
-Greg
myrddin70
phpList newbie

Postby shumisha » 8:20am, Fri 02 Mar, 2007

Hi Greg,

What country are you living in ? that would probably help in suggesting hosting company.

FYI, I am using a VDS (virtual server) w/ 128Mb of ram, cost is around 11 euros or less than US$15 per month, ie that is the very low end of performance and price.
I have set it to send at a sustained speed of 3 000 msgs/hour, even though it can, if left alone send at roughly 5 to 6 000 msgs/hr. I am talking about a text/html msg, with an embedded image, user and link tracking. Msg weight is 8 Kb. I limit it a bit as I have web sites running off this machine as well.
Now this is not shared hosting, so you'll have to take care of a minimum of system administration.
I remember the people at Tincan saying they will offer appropriate hosting for PHPList, but I have not seen that yet.
shumisha
PL Geek

Postby myrddin70 » 2:56pm, Fri 02 Mar, 2007

Thanks for reply, this is something we may look into.

We are located in South Florida, USA.

Thanks for any and all input on this.

-Greg
myrddin70
phpList newbie

Return to Community