The spammers have won - I'm shutting down our forum

Discussions that don't fit elsewhere & discussions not related to phpList (This does not mean spam is allowed).

Re: The spammers have won - I'm shutting down our forum

Postby watson09 » 10:15am, Thu 03 Jun, 2010

I think the problem is spammers is common not even with forum owners but with blog owners as well. Fortunately, blog owners do have a plugin, like in Wordpress it is Akismet..

As you have a new forum thus the spamming will be huge but it will restrict once you are working on it. Make sure that the registration process is not that simple and should require email verification.

The other thing, appoint moderators as soon as possible. Also, being the forum as new you should give the spammers or those who are putting in worst post a refraction and still if they continues you must ban them.

If this continues, as they makes new account, you should better start banning their IP's. In case they have put a link in their post you should delete it and if the thread is useless as well then you should better delete the complete thread..
watson09
phpList newbie

Postby laule » 5:52pm, Sun 28 Jul, 2013

Just ban their IP

Postby ewelahoracy » 6:36pm, Tue 01 Oct, 2013

I am not the spammer! :lol:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mod edit: Beg to disagree, your links have been removed as spam
ewelahoracy
phpList newbie

Previous

Return to Other