Dutch OPTA law?

Discussions that don't fit elsewhere & discussions not related to phpList (This does not mean spam is allowed).

Dutch OPTA law?

Postby Guest » 1:01pm, Mon 19 Jan, 2009

Hello,

Does one of you know what will change for registrating your customers for a mailing list when the Dutch OPTA law is here?

Thank you, Kasper van Houwelingen
Last edited by Guest on 9:48am, Thu 22 Jan, 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Dutch OPTA law?

Postby Diar » 10:59am, Mon 27 Apr, 2009

I might be mistaken, but as I remember, the OPTA law is the same as the "Telecommunicatiewet".

The current OPTA law already specifies you are required to have a opt-in, opt-out system for non-commercial individuals. Commercial entities (BV's, NV's, VoF's, etc) do not require this yet. As of July 1st 2009 (01 july (07) 2009) this will change and you also need an opt-in, opt-out system when sending mail to commercial entities.

http://www.optinoptout.nl/site/artikel/1.html

That's where you can read about the relevant part of the new law. They also have the complete text on there, you just have to look for it yourself (I have this link bookmarked to remind my boss each and every time :) ).

PS. To the non-Dutch people reading this, the link is completely in Dutch, and can't be translated into English with a handy little button.
Diar
PL Nut

Postby Rembo » 10:30am, Mon 10 May, 2010

Actually, they more or less imply that you will need a double opt in system. Although strictly not required by low, from a legal point of view this is the only way to protect yourself from claims. So you DO need a double opt in system.
Rembo
phpList newbie

Postby ChristinaLogan » 11:22am, Sat 14 Jan, 2012

Diar wrote:I might be mistaken, but as I remember, the OPTA law is the same as the "Telecommunicatiewet".

The current OPTA law already specifies you are required to have a opt-in, opt-out system for non-commercial individuals. Commercial entities (BV's, NV's, VoF's, etc) do not require this yet. As of July 1st 2009 (01 july (07) 2009) this will change and you also need an opt-in, opt-out system when sending mail to commercial entities.

http://www.optinoptout.nl/site/artikel/1.html

That's where you can read about the relevant part of the new law. They also have the complete text on there, you just have to look for it yourself (I have this link bookmarked to remind my boss each and every time :) ).

PS. To the non-Dutch people reading this, the link is completely in Dutch, and can't be translated into English with a handy little button.

This indeed might as well be a real good reference for that matter. OPTA law as I know it and come across it, entirely features the same thing.
ChristinaLogan
phpList newbie

Postby Earlene » 10:13am, Sun 22 Jan, 2012

Thanks for posting some related articles for this.. It really helps me a lot. Hope to read more related articles here.. keep posting guys ! :)

Need to translate text into English cause i'm not dutch. Thanks
Earlene
phpList newbie

Postby Dumbnbase » 11:13am, Tue 24 Jan, 2012

Thank you for your blog, it is a timely discovery for me as I am doing a paper on this very subject actually,
from the aspect of online privacy.
Thanks again
Dumbnbase
phpList newbie

Return to Other