I HATE COMCAST

Discussions that don't fit elsewhere & discussions not related to phpList (This does not mean spam is allowed).

I HATE COMCAST

Postby NYChris » 9:02pm, Thu 06 May, 2010

Stupid stupid stupid ISP with no postmaster contact.

Some days I send more than 100,000 emails to Double OPT-IN and confirmed email addresses.
I'm not on any blocklists.
AOL/Hotmail/MSN/Live/Yahoo/and even EDU domains don't block me.

Comcast claims that my sending ip's aren't blocked but I have more than 400 lines of the garbage below.
I had to put a notice on my signup pages that comcast users aren't allowed to get last minute prices on xxxxxxxx due to their email censoring practices.
Code: Select all
1 - EDITED@comcast.net R=dk_lookuphost T=dk_remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: host mx2b.comcast.net [76.96.30.116]: 554 imta25.emeryville.ca.mail.comcast.net comcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Comcast Blocked for spam. Please see http://help.comcast.net/content/faq/BL000000
NYChris
PL Geek

Re: I HATE COMCAST

Postby robertremodels » 12:31am, Sun 16 May, 2010

I agree, we had to dump Comcast because of repeated billing errors! They don't have a very good reputation around here anymore.
robertremodels
phpList newbie

Postby carlk1 » 5:50am, Wed 19 May, 2010

wow, that's unfortunate. where I'm at, Comcast is by far the best service provider for speeds, connection, etc. And even with customer service they rank top. i know it's different in different spots in the country though. i've also heard though that other countries outside the US have much better service providers and faster speeds...wonder why we can't get those in the US with any of the companies.
carlk1
phpList newbie

Postby fixcomputers0077 » 6:46pm, Sun 23 May, 2010

It seems Comcast has been going through a lot of changes and the folks running the show now don't seem to care much about the things that originally got them to where they are. I predict they are going to lose a TON of business over the next year or so. My personal experience with Comcast has left me baffled more than once on how people in positions of management and customer service can be so ignorant.
fixcomputers0077
phpList newbie

Postby paulsmithson » 5:51am, Tue 13 Jul, 2010

yeah, me too. anyone has any recomendations for an alternative?
paulsmithson
phpList newbie

Postby dylansdad15 » 1:11am, Thu 29 Jul, 2010

Cable and pay TV services have become a scam, and now Comcast has the FCC in cahoots with them. How can a consumer win? I bought an expensive digital TV . I already had basic cable and to be honest that was becoming more costly with each minute, therefore I did not want anymore. I was satisfied although I felt I was paying more for what I was getting. Now I am positive that I, along with other consumers are being screwed royally. It was nice to see other channels but for them to be slowly encrypted without any reduction in price is highway robbery. We consumers will soon find our selves back to where we started. Three network channels, a few local and one public TV station. The only difference will be is that we will be paying for them as Comcast tries to find another way to flaunt the law and encrypt. It's like holding TV for ransom. Every Comcast user should disconnect their services for a week or more. It would do us all some good to break our forced dependence on your costly services. Who knows, we might like it and start doing more constructive things with our lives.
Let's set a date to disconnect!!!
dylansdad15
phpList newbie

Postby cabbagechicken » 8:25pm, Fri 17 Sep, 2010

Wow, Comcast... One word, unreliable! Decided to get rid of them a few years ago and haven't looked back.
cabbagechicken
phpList newbie

Postby Tattoo3641 » 9:25pm, Thu 07 Oct, 2010

if you all hate comcast this much you should try Cox Cable... I hhate them cause they also have limits and unnessary blocks... but they are way over priced compared to other cable/internet providers out there... however where we are there is no compition so they pretty much can charge what they want and you either take it or leave it. UGH!!
Tattoo3641
phpList newbie

Postby marcijones » 10:23pm, Thu 04 Nov, 2010

The new rule now for everything is take it or leave. Consumers does not have any say at all when the providers opt on implementing changes that directly affects their consumers. Its either you pay high to have good service or pay less for a good to nothing service. Wheew, seems we really don't have a good option after all.
marcijones
phpList newbie

Postby jomartin1975 » 12:39pm, Tue 23 Nov, 2010

I agree Marci, the internet have become market where services are not so good for cheap price. Overall it is still money that plays with us all even in the internet. Hope someone would have heart to share and provide good applications for free.
jomartin1975
phpList newbie

Return to Other