How to optimize a flash site?

Discussions that don't fit elsewhere & discussions not related to phpList (This does not mean spam is allowed).

How to optimize a flash site?

Postby improbable » 8:54pm, Sat 22 May, 2010

I have a site made with Flash and i've heard that search engines don't like Flash websites. I've already added meta description and tags to my site but what more can i do to optimize the site for search engines? As search engines don't index the text in flash, is it possible to get a good rank in search engines with a site made fully with flash?
improbable
phpList newbie

Re: How to optimize a flash site?

Postby johnny717 » 6:28pm, Sun 06 Jun, 2010

Hi
I'm a new member and while browsing I saw no response to this thread so I thought to do so
I have a decent seo background made by myself on the web
Seems like you did all the on-page seo possible so in order to get some rankings you should concentrate on off-page seo or backup your site with a free or hosted wordpress blog putting your main keyword in the url, optimizing on-page seo and linking to your site from there
If a second backup site is not for you the best thing is to get as many links pointing to your site as possible
You can choose free or paid methods. Although free means you will substitute the monet with your own efforts so its not really free.
Start with some article marketing. You can write them on your own or outsource. If you outsource one article you can then rewrite a few times yourself and post it to article sites
You can socialbookmark your site always using the same keywords you would like to show up for.
You should have a set of 2-5 keywords
You can backup your site with a twitter account and a fanpage on facebook
Web 2.0 sites like hubpages, squidoo, zimbio where you can create a free webpage around your keywords and point them to your site.
There is some work to do but you can achieve the results if you are focused and willing to spend some time creating the contents and posting the web.
Some free resources might be articleapps for a free rewriting tool for your articles, plrwholesaler has a free membership option for getting some free plr contents you can then rewrite
If you are willing to pay and to outsource some of these things and find other options for optimizing your off-page seo I suggest you visit the warriorforum which is the biggest internet marketing forum on the net.
You will find all kinds of services and at the same time reviews to those services from other members.
If you do some good research you will find some powerful stuff there and with all the reviews you will know what you can expect to get.
Always stay focused on your needs though and don't get caught up in reading things that will deviate you from your needs, the information overload might become an issue for you because there is so much information on that forum that gets you off-track pretty fast.
Like everywhere there is good and bad and the warrioforum has a lot of sale offers that promise you the world.
Stay focused and read all the reviews and you're on your way.
Good Luck.
johnny717
phpList newbie

Postby Chiropractor2 » 12:38pm, Mon 07 Jun, 2010

I agree with Johnny, off-page SEO is really important to get your site on top of Google Search Result but as a tip you can embed the flash into HTML pages and use regular text links on the page if possible and instead of including everything in one flash file it may make sense to break the content into different flash files so you can create different HTML pages around the different ideas contained in it.
Chiropractor2
phpList newbie

Postby seomarketing » 7:20pm, Wed 17 Nov, 2010

Adobe has made modifications to Flash to make it indexable. But it doesn't mean you upload any kind of Flash file and assume that it will be indexed. You still have to put extra efforts from your side to ensure that it will be indexed properly by search engines.
seomarketing
phpList newbie

Postby mariuscezar » 11:35am, Sat 20 Nov, 2010

I didn't know that adobe made flash to be indexable by search engine robots, however I always avoided flash websites exactly because this problem, I know that flash is trendy and looks great with all the moving menus and content, but I always believed that it will be extremely hard to rank with flash. However, a lot of promotion work may keep the balance..
mariuscezar
phpList newbie

Postby Picky » 10:15am, Thu 16 Dec, 2010

It is very hard to rank a flash website! Its better to avoid them, at least i do. whats always good is to add meta description but you'r already doing that. you can also include alt text, that might also help.
Picky
phpList newbie

Postby Errol » 7:10am, Tue 04 Jan, 2011

hey....
i think off-page SEO is really important to get your site on top of Google Search Result but as a tip you can embed the flash into HTML pages and use regular text links on the page if possible and instead of including everything in one flash file it may make sense to break the content into different flash files so you can create different HTML pages around the different ideas contained in it
Errol
phpList newbie

Postby ricaon05 » 8:25am, Fri 11 Feb, 2011

Interesting topic...glad to cross here and grab some ideas :)
ricaon05
phpList newbie

Postby Alexxxx » 12:58pm, Thu 27 Sep, 2012

I use 1lytics. It can to check the position in search engines of your site.
http://1lytics.com/checkpos.php
Alexxxx
phpList newbie

Postby AlexThompson » 6:05am, Thu 25 Apr, 2013

Search engines (Google and Yahoo) crawl and indexes flash pages but still they face problem as comparison to Html page.
AlexThompson
phpList newbie

Postby allenethan » 9:07am, Mon 29 Jul, 2013

Alexxxx wrote:I use 1lytics. It can to check the position in search engines of your site.
http://1lytics.com/checkpos.php

1lytics is good for web visitors counter and data analysis. We can see how many visitors are now online in a particular section.
allenethan
phpLister

Postby collenwesling » 2:24am, Thu 15 Aug, 2013

hi,,, I think that Flash is designed to grab site visitors’ attention, and it probably does. But the real question is, does it grab search engines’ attention? Flash is used for slide shows and flash movies on technological sites and to showcase multimedia content on art and entertainment sites.
collenwesling
phpList newbie

Postby lonniehoover » 8:27am, Tue 05 Aug, 2014

An easy and useful way to optimize a flash website is to first create and html site, and then using flash movie in place of images, banners and buttons, as these area are less important to search engines, optimizing these type of websites is similar to optimizing an html site.

Flash based websites become difficult for crawlers to read. But their fast search, which is serach engine powering AlltheWeb.com and Lycos, thay can index sites using flash.

It is strongly recommended that you run a spider simulation on your Flash site as this simulator will indicate if anything is going wrong on your site as also what the search engines spiders will see.
lonniehoover
phpLister

Postby danial32 » 10:08am, Mon 11 Aug, 2014

Optimizing flash website is quite hard thing. The major problem is, Google never crawel flash websites, so search engine does't know what your website provides to end users.
danial32
phpList newbie

Return to Other