SEO and this forum

Discussions that don't fit elsewhere & discussions not related to phpList (This does not mean spam is allowed).

Re: SEO and this forum

Postby Thom01 » 6:38am, Tue 18 May, 2010

It probably only seems like its a fast update because the OP poster was only looking at Google's search engine. I don't think the other search engines out there are as sophisticated or as quick to update as Google.

Google seems to be always on the leading edge of search services. That's why they maintain the lion's share of the search market's customers. People know they'll most likely find the information they're searching for using the Big G.
Thom01
phpList newbie

Postby jodamy » 4:18pm, Thu 20 May, 2010

I stopped trying to understand Google about 2 months ago. Sticking with the basics has been doing great for me, Relating the title to the description to the keywords and putting in related content has been placing me where I want to be. It doesn't happen as quick as this site, but over a few days it will.
jodamy
phpList newbie

Postby satechheads » 4:15pm, Tue 25 May, 2010

Typically how long does it take google to crawl an entire site from the time that it initally gets brought online. I brought a site up 2-3 months ago and I believe there are 162 pages in the sitemap, google has indexed 101 of them. How important to page rank is a fully indexed site. I started some SEO a month ago and the site is #3 in google now (it started on page 25) for the keyword phrase I am targeting, so I can't really complain too much. But it would be nice to be number #1. We went from non existent in alexa to 229,000 U.S in a month, that's not too bad, but it can always be better. The other guys are always on your heals! Any SEO tips appreciated.
satechheads
phpList newbie

Postby Thom01 » 10:04pm, Mon 31 May, 2010

satechheads wrote:Typically how long does it take google to crawl an entire site from the time that it initally gets brought online.

Realistically, it shouldn't take more than a week or two as long as you have a sitemap (and an XML file) uploaded on your site that Google's robots can utilize. The XML file is where the robots will migrate to in order to index your website. That's why it's important to have that file. That file is the site map for Google's robots. It will contain an html link to each page on your website. Go here xml-sitemaps.com to obtain a free XML file for your website. Just follow the instructions so that this site can crawl your website, and within a minute or two it will provide you with a site map and an XML file that you can download to your computer and then upload to your website.

satechheads wrote:How important to page rank is a fully indexed site.

Page ranking is determined by how many other high PR sites are linking back to your website. Obviously, it's important for your site to be indexed by Google. But indexing alone has little to do with the determination of page rank for your website. Indexing in relation to page rank is taken for granted (meaning that if your site is not indexed, it won't be considered for a page ranking; so indexing has to be a given prerequisite). Quality, high PR ranking backlinks are more important. With PR 3-7 website linking back to your site, you can pretty much be assured that your site's Page Ranking will go up the next time Google updates its toolbar PR indicator. BTW, Google updates page ranking four times a year, once every three months.
Thom01
phpList newbie

Postby henrywolmarans » 6:04pm, Thu 10 Jun, 2010

lucy127 wrote:what is 'caffeine upgrade'? It looks like I'm well out of date with Google and it's tactics... I've only been using pinging and bookmarking any new content but it doesn't seem to get the spiders to index it any quicker. I'm just a beginner though, maybe I just need more patience :?

Well... Google Caffeine places increased importance to Page Speed. How fast a website loads will have a determining effect on its ranking in the search results. And Page Speed further depends on a variety of factors such as your HTML content, CSS, JavaScript, use of images and graphics, domain hosting and so on. try Google it, you'll learn alot. this topic is really interesting.
henrywolmarans
phpList newbie

Postby kaylaleeds319 » 4:33am, Fri 11 Jun, 2010

well, in the first place, this forum enjoys a good pr rank. which means google "respects" content coming from it, so when you post, and you happen to strike on a few key words, you're immediately indexed.
kaylaleeds319
phpList newbie

Postby amndalb » 7:59am, Sat 31 Jul, 2010

Caffeine upgrade is a new web indexing system.It analyzes the web in small portions and update our search index on a continuous basis, globally. As it find new pages, or new information on existing pages, it can be added straight to the index. That means you can find fresher information than ever before—no matter when or where it was published.
amndalb
phpList newbie

Postby cpmac27 » 4:25pm, Tue 28 Sep, 2010

Google loves site maps - i had trouble getting indexed until i had my programmer install the site map. Without a doubt made a huge difference in my rankings
cpmac27
phpList newbie

Postby Dragonrider » 10:11am, Sun 05 Dec, 2010

This topic is locked due to the amount of spammers making pointless posts in an attempt to get their site linked to us.
My sites:- http://wharfedalefestival.co.uk, http://ilkleygardeners.org.uk, http://emergencyaid.net, http://dragonrider.co.uk
Latest phpList version is now 3.0.12 (3 February 2015) and requires a minimum of MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.3.x
Dragonrider

Previous

Return to Other