pbts_xtra and tiny_mce

Solutions for other advanced phplisters

pbts_xtra and tiny_mce

Postby lex » 4:38pm, Wed 26 Nov, 2008

I've installed pbts_xtra and written a template without any problems, its a great mod. The trouble is the front end is too limited for my needs.

For each content area the mod creates a single line text input. The news letter template I need to create has multiple blocks of text and these blocks include different text formatting and bullet points. So instead of a single line text input I need a textarea with formatting controls, such as provided by tiny_mce, for each of my content areas.

Has anybody tried to do this, or alternativly know of another mod or mail list software that has this functionality?

Lex.
lex
phpList newbie

Postby lex » 6:39pm, Wed 26 Nov, 2008

Looks like I posted too quickly. I've changed the plugin code to use tiny_mce and it was a trivial process. Incase anybody else wants to do the same...

in the pbts_xtra.inc.php file change go to line 26 and replace:

return <<<EOT
<style>
div.pbts_xtra{
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

with

return <<<EOT
<script></script>
<script>
tinyMCE.init({
mode : "textareas",
theme : "simple"
});
</script>

<style>
div.pbts_xtra{
font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

Obviously you'll need to install tiny_mce for this to work.

Lex.
lex
phpList newbie

Postby clivester » 12:17am, Tue 06 Jan, 2009

Can you explain how this helps?

I think I may be installing it wrong because all it does for me is give a tiny_mce editing window for editing content in the standard PHPList editor where its not much use because all the pbts_xtra tags are there.

In the pbts_xtra editor where it could be useful it tiny_mce does not appear.

I've tried the mod using an original send_core.php file and one edited as per pbts_xtra install instructions to use the pbts_xtra editor, but neither seemed to help.
clivester
phpLister

Return to Advanced Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks