Losing html tags in message [solved]

Solutions for other advanced phplisters

Losing html tags in message [solved]

Postby jdwroten » 2:04am, Sat 11 Jun, 2011

I have 2.10.13 installed on a server and everything is good. But now I'm in the process of moving to another server. I copied the same 2.10.13 source code to the new server, with updated config.php. Did export/import of database - OK. When I copy my HTML message into the source html form, then hit save, it comes back without most of the html tags - just continuous text. The P tags are ok, but definitely all the TABLE tags (and TD and TR) are gone. If I look at the database, in php_list.message.message, the tags are gone. Earlier messages (from the old server) still show the tags correctly.

I'm writing very simple html code messages with Dreamweaver (just several tables), inline font sizes, etc, nothing complex. I'm not using templates at this time. I've tried a few line "hello world" message with same results.

I reinitialized the database, same results, even with this totally fresh install.

My work-around is to take the same html message and copy it to the previous server; it still works great.

Why am I losing the HTML tags? I presume it's a server setting issue, since the same source code, database, etc is running on both.

Thanks, Jim
jdwroten
phpList newbie

Re: Losing html tags in message

Postby jdwroten » 12:48pm, Sat 11 Jun, 2011

Yep, it was a server setting. Guess I answered my own question.

The new server has securelive installed, which I'm not familiar with. When I commented out the following line in php.ini, messages are no longer altered. Must be some kind of html tag trap.

auto_prepend_file = /home/MYDIR/securelive_max/MYDOMAIN.com/sl8.php
jdwroten
phpList newbie

Return to Advanced Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks