Modify to auto delete linktrack and _userclick with message

Solutions for other advanced phplisters

Modify to auto delete linktrack and _userclick with message

Postby BWWD2008 » 8:20pm, Tue 23 Apr, 2013

How and where would I go to modify the delete message routine to add in a delete function for clearing out all the stats relating to that message.

Currently sending out lots of messages with stats is filling the database and breaching the 1GB quota we have in no time.

Deleting messages that are a couple of weeks old individually as needed is fine, but it does not delete the stats, so it stands to reason when I delete a message from within the message list in phplist admin, I also want all information collected regarding that message to be deleted at the same time.

Having to manually obtain the message id and delete the info from the database tables each time I click the delete link for a message is becoming time consuming and a pain.

So i need to know where in the code of what file I would find the command that knows you have clicked delete and takes the ID of the message you are deleting and deletes it from the _message table, so I can add more stuff to also delete the linktrack and linktrack_userclick info for that message too.

Thanks
BWWD2008
PL Nut

Re: Modify to auto delete linktrack and _userclick with mess

Postby duncanc » 11:22pm, Tue 23 Apr, 2013

See the file admin/messages.php around line 87.
duncanc

Re: Modify to auto delete linktrack and _userclick with mess

Postby BWWD2008 » 1:14am, Wed 24 Apr, 2013

BWWD2008
PL Nut

Return to Advanced Answers, Howtos, Tips & Tricks