[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
phplist forums • View topic - Confirm page if refreshed sends multiple emails

Confirm page if refreshed sends multiple emails

Discuss, research, share, find, and solve bugs

Confirm page if refreshed sends multiple emails

Postby pifiu » 11:35pm, Wed 20 Jun, 2007

I was testing phplist for an install I am about to deploy and ran into this bug you could say.

I sign up, get the confirm email. I click on the link on the confirmation email and it takes me to the confirm page.

Sounds fine.

But if I refresh that confirm page it accepts the refresh and I receive an email for every time that page is refreshed. This can easily crash a server if someone decides to use it in a malicious way.

Is this a known bug, or is there a way around this? I was going to try and fix it myself, but I figured id ask in case its a setting or something I am missing.

This also happens in the subscribe page. Once you get the message:

"Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.
Your email has been added to our system. You will be e-mailed shortly with a request to confirm your membership. Please make sure to click the link in that message to confirm your subscription."

If you refresh that site, you get an email for every refresh.

Is this not considered a major security and vulnerability issue?

Someone address this or let me know of a solution if you know of one!

Thanks!
pifiu
phpList newbie

Postby H2B2 » 1:23am, Fri 10 Aug, 2007

Could you please report this in the bug tracker at www.mantis.phplist.com , including some info on your server setup? Thanks!
phpList | | | |
H2B2

Re: Confirm page if refreshed sends multiple emails

Postby letonin » 3:00pm, Mon 09 Apr, 2012

hi
I know this issue is old but I got the same problem with the subscribe page and wonder if its solved now. I use phplist 2.10.18
letonin
phpList newbie

Return to Bug Discussion