[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
phplist forums • View topic - Date of emails (timezone) [solved]

Date of emails (timezone) [solved]

Discuss, research, share, find, and solve bugs

Date of emails (timezone) [solved]

Postby mariofau2 » 3:12pm, Mon 22 Mar, 2010

Hello, my phplist mails have the following timezone:

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:35:08 -0480

triggers this spamassassin check:

L_SPAM_TOOL_13=4.499

My timezone is set correctly to -0430. How can I change this, or where?

Thank you.
mariofau2
PL Master

Re: Date of emails (timezone)

Postby eazeegeek » 6:19pm, Mon 22 Mar, 2010

Are you facing any problem due to this?

As far as I notice, the TimeZone difference of -4:30 is being converted to a pure number which is equal to 4.499 (almost 4.5)

You need to clarify your situation here.
eazeegeek
PL Master

Postby mariofau2 » 6:38pm, Mon 22 Mar, 2010

That's a spamassassin test, it is not a conversion of any kind.

I'll change the question.

Problem:

The emails are sent with the wrong timezone, all but the "PHPlist stats" mail which is ok.

the sent emails have a timezone of -0480
the correct timezone is -0430
the "PHPlist stats" mail is -0430 (correct)

Where do I change it from -0480 to -0430?
mariofau2
PL Master

Postby mariofau2 » 2:56am, Tue 23 Mar, 2010

Found it. I just reported it to mantis:

The function RFCDate in admin/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php (line 1417) returns the incorrect timezone for -0430. It returns -0480. Must be the line 1421.
mariofau2
PL Master

Postby H2B2 » 3:38am, Tue 23 Mar, 2010

Nice find.
It appears this is an bug in older versions of phpmailer, including the one shipped with phpList. Googling for phpmailer timezone should generate a number of hits with suggested fixes. I suppose this has already been fixed by phpmailer in recent versions.

Would be nice to have an updated phpmailer included in the next phpList release.

For those looking for mariofau's bug report on this issue: http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=15424
phpList | | | |
H2B2

Re: Date of emails (timezone) [solved]

Postby mariofau2 » 3:42pm, Mon 06 May, 2013

It is happening again so I reply to this. searching the web I found this:

http://sourceforge.net/p/phpmailer/bugs/198/

------
Alternatively, if all version of PHP support date("r"), which the PHP documentation seems to indicate, then the entire RFCDate() function could be replaced as:

function RFCDate() {
return date("r");
}
------

I just did that, it works ok now. Should I open a new topic?
mariofau2
PL Master

Return to Bug Discussion