[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
phplist forums • View topic - 3.0 Bug with public lists

3.0 Bug with public lists

Discuss, research, share, find, and solve bugs

3.0 Bug with public lists

Postby jhfitness » 7:28pm, Thu 15 Aug, 2013

Hello I think I found a bug in 3.0.0 regarding lists being "public". On the Subscriber Lists page, if a list is used in a subscribe page, the Public column is checked but disabled so you can't make it non-public if it's in use. However, if you hit "Save Changes" on the form, the disabled checkbox is not submitted so the page updates to set the list non-public. It is not checked but still disabled, and the list is no longer available when editing the Subscribe Page. I can only get it back by editing the Subscribe Page, saving it with no changes, going back to the List page, checking the public box again, going back to the Subscribe Page and adding the List back to the Page.

I think this is because /admin/list.php, lines 15-24 update the active field along with the listorder field based on $_POST['active'][$key] regardless of whether the active field is set or not, so anytime the form is submitted while the field is disabled, if the browser does not submit the disabled value, the list will be updated to not be public.

Edit: Browser used was Chrome 28.0.1500.95, but I believe all major browsers do not submit disabled fields on form post.
jhfitness
phpList newbie

Re: 3.0 Bug with public lists

Postby duncanc » 5:47pm, Fri 16 Aug, 2013

I created an issue on Mantis, the bug tracking system for phplist, and there is a fix that you can apply until the next version is released. See
duncanc

Postby jhfitness » 1:38pm, Thu 22 Aug, 2013

Thank you. I have applied the line fix but it has not fixed my issue. I am attaching some images to help illustrate.

All subscribe lists are public and in use by a subscribe page. However, when I click "Save Changes," because the checkboxes are disabled, they are updated to no longer be checked as public.

Thus when I go to edit a subscribe page, I receive a message that there are no public lists.

However, if I click "Save changes" on this screen, without editing anything, I can go back to the lists page and see that the list is no longer disabled.

I can check it here, go back to the subscribe page, and re-add the list to the page. But I have to do this for all the lists if I ever click "Save changes" from the first image while the Public checkboxes are disabled.
jhfitness
phpList newbie

Postby jhfitness » 1:41pm, Thu 22 Aug, 2013

Actually, the line fix does help - when I click "Save changes" in the first image and get the second image, I can go to edit the individual lists, click "Save" and the public checkbox is checked again. However, I still have the issue that when clicking "Save changes" while they are disabled, the checkbox goes away.
jhfitness
phpList newbie

Return to Bug Discussion