3.0.2 - Updated details notification emails

Discuss, research, share, find, and solve bugs

3.0.2 - Updated details notification emails

Postby Menathor » 7:44am, Mon 02 Sep, 2013

Hey guys,

A couple of things I've noticed with 3.0.2:

1. The "Message subscribers receive when they have changed their details" doesn't get sent when details are updated

2. When a user changes their email address, neither the "Part of the message that is sent to their new email address when subscribers change their information, and the email address has changed" or the "Part of the message that is sent to their old email address when subscribers change their information, and the email address has changed" emails are sent.

Instead, the "Message subscribers receive when they have changed their details" is sent to both their new and old addresses.
Menathor
phpLister

Re: 3.0.2 - Updated details notification emails

Postby duncanc » 10:00am, Mon 02 Sep, 2013

Regarding point 2) when the subscriber changes the email address the confirmation email is a combination of the two settings that you referred to.

The setting "Message content subscribers receive when they have changed their details" is used for the body of the messge and additionally the setting "Part of the message that is sent to their new email address when subscribers change their information, and the email address has changed" replaces the [CONFIRMATIONINFO] placeholder.
duncanc

Postby Menathor » 10:16am, Mon 02 Sep, 2013

Ah ha! Thanks for that - adding [CONFIRMATIONINFO] back into my message solved point 2. Is there something I'm missing re: point 1, or is it a reproducible bug?
Menathor
phpLister

Postby duncanc » 3:37pm, Mon 02 Sep, 2013

It looks to be an undocumented change.
When user details apart from the email address are changed then a confirmation email is now not sent.
duncanc

Return to Bug Discussion