[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3893)
phplist forums • View topic - Automatic plugin installation doesn't copy subfolders

Automatic plugin installation doesn't copy subfolders

Discuss, research, share, find, and solve bugs

Automatic plugin installation doesn't copy subfolders

Postby Menathor » 5:27am, Tue 03 Sep, 2013

Not sure if this is just happening for me, but when I use the "Install a new plugin" feature it says "success" but any subfolders the plugin package contains aren't copied. I've tested this with the fckeditor and ckeditor packages - the plugins' main php file is copied to the plugins folder, but the subfolders are missing. If I manually FTP the missing folders they work fine.

I tried it with the default PLUGIN_ROOTDIR as well as "../plugins" - same problem with both.
Menathor
phpLister

Re: Automatic plugin installation doesn't copy subfolders

Postby Sven2157 » 6:18am, Tue 03 Sep, 2013

Everything stems from the $pageroot variable. This tells the system where the top-most level of phplist is. Do you have this set correctly? If this is not properly set, then your plugin directory with be at a location that is not expected.

Also, make sure that your plugin folder is read, write and executable to the system - 7XX. It may be stopping the rest of the install, due to insufficient permissions.

Hope that helps! :wink:

Sven2157
Sven2157
PL Master

Postby Menathor » 7:46am, Tue 03 Sep, 2013

Hey Sven, thanks for the reply.

phplist is installed in /mail and my $pageroot is "/mail". Also the plugins folder permissions are 755. I'm pretty sure the settings are correct because everything is working and files are written to the plugin folder. Just not folders.

Could you try installing a plugin which contains subfolders from the admin interface to see if you can duplicate this? fckeditor and ckeditor are both examples.

cheers!
Menathor
phpLister

Postby Dragonrider » 9:50am, Tue 03 Sep, 2013

My servers (two) won't let me even consider using auto install for plugins, I have to manually upload them to the plugin's folder. At least they then work fine after that
My sites:- http://wharfedalefestival.co.uk, http://ilkleygardeners.org.uk, http://emergencyaid.net, http://dragonrider.co.uk
version is now 3.0.12 (3 February 2015) and requires a minimum of MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.3.x
Dragonrider

Return to Bug Discussion