Diffent Type Of Templating Idea

Technical discussion for developers and service providers

Diffent Type Of Templating Idea

Postby codemonkey » 10:46am, Tue 16 Jan, 2007

Ok The current templating system wraps your message in the template, so you have a generic header footer etc. I liked this but wanted to see it so i added a preview window. Which was ok but not to my needs.

I need to be able to have a shell template with dummy data in it and you need to load it in and edit it. So i did this.

On the content page added a dropdown of all templates and a load button. You select a template and click load. This loads the shell template into the message editor which then allows you to edit it to your needs. Think of it like powerpoint templates where you select one and edit it on screen. The only dodgy hack is the template must have a [CONTENT] on it but i hid this in a div. Might not be to everyones needs but does anyone have any comments on this? id be willing to post code if anyone wants and i think this should be a feature in future versions.

Any comments are appreciated..

Cheers

Codemonkey
codemonkey
phpList newbie

Just what I need

Postby mscruse » 10:32am, Tue 23 Jan, 2007

Hello

Your solution sounds like exactly what I need. I'd be very interested in your code.

Many thanks
Michael.
mscruse
phpLister

code?

Postby kikibig » 11:33pm, Thu 01 Mar, 2007

Has this code been posted anywhere? I, like many, are interested in having multiple content blocks.
kikibig
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 5:35am, Fri 02 Mar, 2007

Can't remember having seen codemonkey's hack, but you could take a look at caterco's plugin:
PBTS_XTRA - multiple content areas in templates
This plugin extends phpList's template functionality by allowing you to define multiple content regions within your templates. You are also able to include or exclude sections of your template based on whether one of these content regions is empty or not.

Source: http://docs.phplist.com/PhplistHacks
H2B2

Postby bmint » 9:39am, Mon 08 Sep, 2008

I'd like to take a look at codemonkey's hack, any one know where I could locate it?
bmint
phpList newbie

Return to Developers Space