IMAP is not included in your PHP installation

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

IMAP is not included in your PHP installation

Postby FMP24060 » 5:50pm, Wed 02 Jan, 2008

Hello,

I have configured bounce processing, I have received some bounces, and with a webmail client I am able to view and access the bounce messages.

When I "Process Bounces" I receive the message:
error: IMAP is not included in your PHP installation, cannot continue

However, I believe that IMAP *is* included in my PHP installation, according to the following responses to commands entered at the command line of the shell account that is running phplist:

$ php -v
PHP 4.4.7 (cgi) (built: Aug 21 2007 17:25:32)
Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies
with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Optimizer v3.2.2, Copyright (c) 1998-2006, by Zend Technologies

$ php -m
[PHP Modules]
calendar
ctype
curl
domxml
exif
ftp
gd
gettext
imap
mbstring
mcrypt
mysql
openssl
overload
pcre
posix
pspell
session
standard
tokenizer
xml
xslt
Zend Optimizer
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend Extension Manager
Zend Optimizer

Any suggestions or other troubleshooting ideas? I'm using the PHP installation supplied/maintained by my web host and would rather not install my own version, given that the current installation seemingly should work...
FMP24060
phpLister

Re: IMAP is not included + bonus questions

Postby FMP24060 » 1:51am, Thu 03 Jan, 2008

FMP24060 wrote:When I "Process Bounces" I receive the message:
error: IMAP is not included in your PHP installation, cannot continue

However, I believe that IMAP *is* included in my PHP installation

So to continue the narrative... my host (Dreamhost) supplies both PHP 4.4.7 (at /usr/local/bin/php) and PHP 5.2.3 (at /usr/local/php5/bin/php). Both seem to be compiled with IMAP as shown by their respective responses to php -m; nonetheless I'd like to try directing PHPlist to use the 5.2.3 version instead of 4.4.7 to see if I get better behavior.

I've poked around some, but must admit a lack of expertise and that I'm unclear on how php itself is invoked by PHPlist. Could someone point me to a path variable or config option that I could set?

Also, any way to get PHPlist itself to output various info (version, compile options) about the PHP (and PEAR, etc) installations that it is operating under?

Also along these lines, how do you make sure that PHPlist "reads" changes to the config file? Do you have to log out & back in, or is the config file re-examined with each request via the admin web pages?

Thanks a bunch...
FMP24060
phpLister

Postby rontom » 1:52am, Wed 29 Oct, 2008

Hi phplister - did you figure this out - I too am new to it and struggling - is it something to set up in cpanel? :(
Thanks
rontom
PL Nut

Postby Guest » 2:30am, Thu 30 Oct, 2008

This whole bounce back processing thing is very annoying. I had that problem.

Your host may not allow you to receive bounce backs - virus protection or something like that. You should have received an email from PHPList to your "listreports@domain" email (whatever you set up there) The subject would be "PHPlist Mail list error" and is about the imap problem.

I gave this email to my excellent webhost provider and they had it fixed within an hour.

I'm still having problems with processing bounce backs but at least the imap problem is fixed.

Postby J_S » 12:54pm, Tue 09 Dec, 2008

thank you
J_S
Admin

Re: IMAP is not included in your PHP installation

Postby shankarmishra124 » 12:31pm, Wed 27 Aug, 2014

Hey
can you tell me how u configured your phplist so that you are getting bounce mail.
please share your steps i am stuck :evil: since 3 days. :cry:
shankarmishra124
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing