Reply-to and from address troubles

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Reply-to and from address troubles

Postby jcrawfordor » 2:42am, Sat 26 Dec, 2009

Hello,
I feel like I probably have an obvious problem, but I'm having a heck of a time getting this to work and I can't find docs on it. Basically, the from:, reply-to: and return-path: headers in emails from my phplist install are completetely screwed up. At first it just didn't set any of them, despite the system email from and system email reply-to options being set. I set the envelope return-path option, and now it's using what should be the return path as the From: header and not setting return-path or reply-to. The "From Address" field in the Send Email page, the From Name and From Email for system messages on the config page and the Reply To option on the config page don't seem to be used at all.

Thanks for the help!
jcrawfordor
phpList newbie

Re: Reply-to and from address troubles

Postby TechLady » 7:26am, Tue 05 Jan, 2010

I am having the same kind of problem and also have found no other help on this issue. My "from" email address in config.php is set up to a specific address but when it sends to a list it has "nobody" in the email header instead for the from email address I set up. Also, it seems this is causing the email addresses in my testing list (a list I made up of various email addresses I have access to and can check) to bounce. Only addresses that are on the same server seem to get sent properly, all the yahoo, gmail, juno, ect. just bounce and the header says nobody..@..mydomainname .com (.. added so it will not be a real email in this forum posting.
TechLady
phpLister

Re: Reply-to and from address troubles

Postby H2B2 » 5:13am, Wed 06 Jan, 2010

Did you make sure all email addresses (e.g., From:, message_envelope, bounce mailbox) actually exist _on the same domain_ you installed phpList on?
H2B2

Return to Question & Problems - after installing