Import of email .txt list hangs / developer threw up hands.

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Import of email .txt list hangs / developer threw up hands.

Postby MelG07 » 9:53pm, Tue 20 Apr, 2010

Hi folks...developer couldn't find any reason why. I even provided a copy of the emails file...it worked for him but not on mine...it is the most recent PhpList.

Files have been viewed on three different editors...they don't show anything other than the plain file.

I try to import...it starts with no error messages, but stops...and just spins it's wheels at 300...file has 1,000 email addresses. I finally have to bail out.

I have an additional 15 files of the same size I would like to import.

I've also, gone into msql, and PHPadmin...but don't see anything that
looks out of place.

Does anyone have any suggestions ? I've already looked throug the forum section on importing....didn't see any answers.

Mel G.
MelG07
phpLister

Re: Import of email .txt list hangs / developer threw up hands.

Postby zybex » 2:53pm, Tue 18 May, 2010

I have the exact same issue with PHPlist v2.10.12. The import process just hangs without throwing an error.

I tried several times, and it doesn't always stop at the same address. For me, it stops somewhere after 150 to 170 addresses (I can only tell by looking at the database).

I looked at /tmp and the entire file is there, so it's not an upload or permissions problem. Perhaps it's some cache size problem? php.ini? I'm stumped.

Reference: http://mantis.phplist.com/view.php?id=15440
zybex
phpList newbie

Re: Import of email .txt list hangs / developer threw up han

Postby ilansch » 6:47pm, Thu 16 Aug, 2012

I know this post is old, but I had the same problem, were the import hangs at 300 emails.

I don't know if this is a solution or a workaround, but I solved my problem by increasing the php execution time.

in my php.ini I has the following line:

Code: Select all
max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

and I changed it to:

Code: Select all
max_execution_time = 90     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

That was enough to import the 8,200 emails I needed to import.

Take into account that this value might depend on the load of your server. And don't forget to restart apache after changing the php.ini file.
ilansch
phpList newbie

Re: Import of email .txt list hangs / developer threw up han

Postby kimochi » 7:39am, Thu 27 Feb, 2014

any solution to this?

i have increase everything that i could in PHP.

But still stucked. Maybe because there are certain error in the csv file. but in previous version, it uploaded just fine.
kimochi
phpList newbie

Return to Question & Problems - after installing