Problems with sending a web page once a week

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Problems with sending a web page once a week

Postby melh » 10:37pm, Tue 05 Jul, 2011

I need to send a dynamic web page once a week to my members. I produced a tables based template and it works great in Gmail, Hotmail, Microsoft Outlook etc.

I activated the repetition function in the config file and tried test sending every hour. It works fine as long as I keep the control panel open in my browser. As soon as I leave or close that page it does not send the next scheduled newsletter. In other words it looks like I have to have the control panel open in a browser 24/7 for that function to work.. That cant be right can it? There must be something I'm missing?

Next I tried sending the page by Cron - my preferred way of doing it. For testing I set the interval to 2 minutes and it works great but the page that is sent is text only and this is all that is sent: [URL:http://xxxxxxxxxx.com/index.php?pageid=newsletter]

How can I get either function working correctly? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Also while I'm here… when a message starts sending it says something like "it is safe to click the stop button". Where is this stop button?
melh
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing