Problems with Amazon SES: process queue and cron job

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Problems with Amazon SES: process queue and cron job

Postby cavallad » 12:14pm, Sat 18 May, 2013

I have [almost] successfully integrated Phplist 2.11.7 with Amazon SES. After following the instructions on http://www.phplist.com/?lid=515, everything is working EXCEPT

1. when sending messages, the page hangs after reporting 'Looking for subscribers' then 'Found them: 1234 to process'. In fact, the emails are actually sent (as confirmed in the Event Log), it is just that the program does not report them. Any solutions?

2. I am having difficulty getting cron jobs to work. My Php installation is CGI. Previously, with Phplist 2.10.19, I could use the following code in a remote server crontab file:
wget -q -O - 'http://MyPhpListServer/phplist/admin/index.php?page=processqueue&login=admin&password=XXXX' > /dev/null
Now, for some reason, this code no longer works...any idea why, and how can it be fixed?

3. finally, it would be nice to have a 'process queue' link from each email listed in the 'active' campaign section.
cavallad
phpLister

Re: Problems with Amazon SES: process queue and cron job

Postby duncanc » 9:22am, Sun 19 May, 2013

Regarding point 2, what is the result if you enter that complete url in your browser?

Also, I suggest redirecting the output of wget to a file, rather than discarding it, in order to capture any errors.

Using command line php is preferable to your approach, as it removes the possibilities of browser and web server timeouts. At the very least you should be able to run php cgi at the command line, if not php cli.

Is there a reason why you are using 2.11.7? The most recent development version is 2.11.9 with 2.11.10 hopefully pending.
duncanc

Re: Problems with Amazon SES: process queue and cron job

Postby cavallad » 6:34pm, Mon 20 May, 2013

I have now tracked the error: directing the cron job to a log file, it says 'This page requires Javascript to be enabled'. So, it works from a browser, but not from Crontab.
cavallad
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing