Removing $strUnsubscribe & $strUnsubscribeTitle

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Removing $strUnsubscribe & $strUnsubscribeTitle

Postby philvm » 6:05pm, Mon 23 Sep, 2013

Dear Folks;

the variables $strUnsubscribe and $strUnsubscribeTitle both appear at the bottom of subscribe pages - immediately above the credit logo. I would like to remove these from the public pages where they don't belong. The text for either of these is in the corresponding lang.inc file. The first variable appears as a button only on the Unsubscribe page but just a link on other pages.

$strUnsubscribe, for example, appears even through there is already a Subscribe button (the text for which is defined on the "edit a subscribe page"). It doesn't belong on a Subscribe page. Also....

This variable appears at bottom of the Update personal preferences page - where it doesn't belong.
It does appear on the Unsubscribe page (as a button) - where it DOES belong.

I'd like to be able to remove these variables from the pages where they don't belong and leave them where they do belong. How can this be done?

Thank you very much,

/phil
philvm
phpLister

Re: Removing $strUnsubscribe & $strUnsubscribeTitle

Postby AlanGeorge » 7:12pm, Mon 23 Sep, 2013

Hi Phil

sadly there is only one place where the dark arts are practiced and few dare to venture, you may find more hacks than you can handle........ surely it's not haloween just yet..... try searching at the following link....there again it may be April already.....

http://www.alangeorge-photography.com/listCode_3x.php

Regards

Alan
AlanGeorge
PL Geek

Re: Removing $strUnsubscribe & $strUnsubscribeTitle

Postby philvm » 3:23pm, Tue 19 Nov, 2013

Hi Alan;

I've been intending to thank you very much for your response. It is right on but I have yet to upgrade to V3 to take advantage of this realm of the Dark Arts. You have provided a great resource collection. May the dark arts live on providing generous solace for the troubled.

Thanks again,

/Phil
philvm
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing