How to Terminate Msg with 'Suspended' status

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

How to Terminate Msg with 'Suspended' status

Postby philvm » 3:57pm, Tue 19 Nov, 2013

I have two messages that had been 'in process' for some time and seemed to be languishing in that state. This was realized some number of days after the queue was processed.

Both messages were then 'suspended'. It is no longer appropriate to requeue them (time sensitivity etc.). What hasn't been sent hasn't been sent and this is ok.

The problem now is how to remove these 'suspended' messages from the list in the 'queued' tab and get them into the 'sent' list, without Deleting them?

Is editing the Status in the Message table from 'suspended' to 'sent' an option? Or is this too dangerous? Other options?

Also - while they are still in the 'suspended' state - are they vulnerable to being reprocessed by some other list admin who might be sending out a new mailing and processing a new queue?

Thanks very much,

/Phil
philvm
phpLister

Re: How to Terminate Msg with 'Suspended' status

Postby duncanc » 10:14am, Wed 20 Nov, 2013

For phplist 2.10.x you will need to edit the status directly to be 'sent'.
In 3.x there is a now a button on the user interface to do that.
duncanc

Re: How to Terminate Msg with 'Suspended' status

Postby philvm » 4:59pm, Wed 20 Nov, 2013

Thanks duncanc;

I've since learned too that a message that is 'suspended' in the Queue will not be processed when 'Process Queue' command is next executed.

It looks like I need to get to version 3.

Thanks again.

/Phil
philvm
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing