Problem with stacked attribute selection

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Problem with stacked attribute selection

Postby nickm » 5:32pm, Wed 11 Dec, 2013

I'm using the stacked attribute selection method and ran into the following problem:

One of my subscriber attributes has the type "checkboxgroup". While I can select more than one attribute value from the list on the criteria tab when preparing a message, emails are only send to those subscribers who match the selected value that comes first in the list. The fact that there's a problem is already obvious before sending the message since the calculated number of subscribers who match the defined criteria includes only the subscribers who match the first of the listed values.

Does anyone know how to fix the problem? Any help would be much appreciated!

phList version: 2.10.19 | Firefox version 25.0.1
nickm
phpList newbie

Re: Problem with stacked attribute selection

Postby medic3 » 1:44pm, Thu 27 Feb, 2014

Hi, I have the same problem with checkboxgroup. I am running version 2.10.19. Help please, anyone?
medic3
phpLister

Postby medic3 » 7:14pm, Thu 15 May, 2014

Many thanks to duncanc for his professional help with this issue! It tentatively looks like we have a solution:

edit file admin/send_core .php

Line 501 should be
$values = join(", ",$_POST["criteria_values"]);

Change that to
$values = join(",",$_POST["criteria_values"]);

It works perfectly in dummy user testing. Soon I'll test it with real users and in using stacked attributes.

Cheers duncanc. All, I highly recommend him to perform work for you, given how smart, reasonable, and trustworthy he was to work with electronically.

:) Matt
medic3
phpLister

Postby medic3 » 6:13pm, Thu 22 May, 2014

One more note, as Duncanc pointed out to me, in the phplist_user_user_attribute table, the values for that checkboxgroup attribute must be separated by commas only, not a comma followed by a space, for this all to work properly. This further means when importing multiple users at one time, separate values for checkboxgroup by a comma and no space.
:)
medic3
phpLister

Postby nickm » 6:33am, Sat 31 May, 2014

Thank you very much! Judging from the number of subscribers that is calculated on the criteria tab when more than one attribute value is selected, this seems to do the trick. Great! I'll test it in practice the next time I have to send out a message to subscribers with different attribute values.
nickm
phpList newbie

Return to Question & Problems - after installing