Page 1 of 1

Problems with sending list emails

PostPosted: 7:24pm, Mon 06 Feb, 2006
by dave_graham
ok, the best way i can explain this is the following:

1.) I send out weekly newsletters, etc. to a group of about 353 people. Up until today, it worked flawlessly.
2.) Today, I manually confirmed 4 users, set up my message and selected my lists and clicked "Process Queue"
3.) It takes 1.5 minutes to process and then comes up with:
Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: instantiate

4.) Additionally, I look at the rest of the eventlog and EVERY USER has now been unconfirmed (which makes sense).
5.) going back, reconfirming all users and trying to resend...same thing.

anybody got any ideas?

apache 1.3.34
php 4.3.10
mysql 4.0.25

thanks,

dave

PostPosted: 7:46pm, Mon 06 Feb, 2006
by bevan
very strange. it's a php error? or a phplist debug error?

did you try seeing if there is (or a lack of) a lang variable in the language file called 'instantiate'?

PostPosted: 7:50pm, Mon 06 Feb, 2006
by dave_graham
bevan wrote:very strange. it's a php error? or a phplist debug error?

did you try seeing if there is (or a lack of) a lang variable in the language file called 'instantiate'?


i think it's the phplist debug error....it shows up in the event log.

i'll try digging through the language file right now.

dave

EDIT: did not find "instantiate" in the languages.php file.

PostPosted: 7:52pm, Mon 06 Feb, 2006
by bevan
Please try to narrow down when/how the error occurs and add it as a bug to mantis.tincan.co.uk if necessary.

Thanks

PostPosted: 7:56pm, Mon 06 Feb, 2006
by dave_graham
bevan wrote:Please try to narrow down when/how the error occurs and add it as a bug to mantis.tincan.co.uk if necessary.

Thanks


It occurs when i manually "process" the queue. previously, for 5 weeks, this has worked without a hitch. I can upload a screen cap to demonstrate.

I will add it to the bug tracker.

dave

PostPosted: 8:08pm, Mon 06 Feb, 2006
by dave_graham
bug submitted.

here: http://mantis.tincan.co.uk/view.php?id=5385

screenshot is attached.

dave

PostPosted: 4:07pm, Wed 08 Feb, 2006
by phperseo
:evil: IN CLASS.PHPLISTMAILER:PHP LINE #4 change this:

require( $GLOBALS"coderoot"] . "phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php");
FOR:
require( $GLOBALS["coderoot"] . "/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php");





COLOMBIAN AGUANTE!!!!!!!
Tambien Aportamos Nuestro Granito De Arena

PostPosted: 7:20pm, Thu 09 Feb, 2006
by bevan

I have the same issue on first group send

PostPosted: 4:49pm, Fri 10 Feb, 2006
by mkahn
I Have the same msgs in my error log:

Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: instantiate
135 del processqueue 2006-02-09 21:58:06 invalid email blahblah710437@aol.com user marked unconfirmed


So I've gone through and made the changes reccomended here to the class.phplistmailer file

My question is, how can I efficiently create a supplemental user list for those users who were marked unconfirmed on that first run? Copy and paste, I suppose..

A quick little ditty db query would be so much nicer.

Solutions haven't fixed the problem

PostPosted: 3:28pm, Sun 12 Mar, 2006
by rcharamella
Hi all,

Phplist suddendly (in the middle of a mailing) started throwing this error:

Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: instantiate

It doesn't unconfirm the users, it just doesn't send. I tried both the line 4 and line 24 fixes outlined in this post, but they have not had any effect. Anyone have any other bright ideas?

The host was having some server issues at the time of the mailing (I think), what changes could they have made that would create this problem?

Thanks,

Tried, but didn't work. This did tho'

PostPosted: 6:11pm, Wed 22 Mar, 2006
by servicecomp
I tried the above fixes, but my emails still didn't send and it still unconfirmed every address for being "Invalid". All I did to fix the problem, after banging my head against the wall, was add a forward slash " / " on line 48 in the config.php file

Code: Select all
$pageroot = '/';


it was blank

Code: Select all
$pageroot = ' ';


My installation is in the root, so you might want to add the directory where you installed it. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: 11:29pm, Mon 13 Nov, 2006
by XDude
bevan wrote:See this bug report: http://mantis.tincan.co.uk/view.php?id=4756
Both changes were already implemented in my version of PHPList; I am still getting both of the following errors:

Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: connect_host

Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: instantiate

The thing is, I get these errors in the middle of the night when I'm fast asleep and nothing is being sent out. :shock:

SOLVED: Language string failed to load: instantiate

PostPosted: 8:00pm, Fri 27 Apr, 2007
by Owen
If anyone still has this problem I've managed to get to the root of it. More info here:

http://www.u-g-h.com/index.php/2007/04/ ... ue-on-iis/

It turns out it's a problem with the way PHP and Windows' email component interact together, and I've only seen it on a few systems.

Problem solved: define("PHPMAILER",0);

PostPosted: 7:28pm, Tue 01 May, 2007
by terryplynch
I was getting this error when people signed up to the list and when the confirmation email was being sent out:

Mailer Error: Language string failed to load: connect_host


The problem was resolved when I changed one line in the config.php file.

At about. line 615, turn off PHPMAILER:

define("PHPMAILER",0);

--