content in square brackets

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Re: content in square brackets

Postby MaxH42 » 1:45pm, Wed 05 Jun, 2013

In case anyone else runs into this problem and finds this thread, I found a simple workaround. To have "[this text]" appear in your PHPlist message, I was able to get it to display exactly that in the message by entering "[[foo]this text]" into the message in the PHPlist editor. You can use any text that isn't already used as a placeholder instead of "foo" (just don't use empty brackets: "[]", or PHPlist will ignore it), and if your message uses a lot of brackets, you can just search for "[" and replace it with "[[foo]" in your favorite text editor.

Sure, this is a bit of a hack, but 1) it's quick, 2) I don't manage the PHPlist server, I just manage the messages, so this works for me without having to wait for someone else to make changes in the PHPlist program or setup, and 3) it does exactly what I need it to do.
MaxH42
phpList newbie

Previous

Return to Question & Problems - after installing