where the blip is the help section ?

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

how many days from initial contact with PHPlist to the sending of your first campaign

0-3 days
100%
3-5 days
No votes
5-10 days
No votes
10-21 days
No votes
never managed to gert a grip with it
No votes

Total votes : 2

where the blip is the help section ?

Postby zaxxon » 12:10am, Mon 18 Sep, 2006

i have been fiddling with phplist for a few hours now, it was easy enough to install as i had a script from my host that installed it for me with a series of steps.
i am looking through the application and managed to upload a template, but when i add the [content] tab in to it the entire template is being populate by a socrates dialog...
i am looking where to define or find the list of predefined tabs [?] and cant find one, i collected a few that were peppered aroud in the differant section. i went to the help but its wasnt not really that helpful for me as it didnt seem to have information for a user who wants to learn how to use the software/applicatoin...
i would like to use this application so i can send my newsletter and new promotions to my clients. at the moment i am using constant contant . am i right to think that phplist can do most(or all or more ) of what constantcontact can ?
am i blind ?
or stupid ?
or a combination of both?
where can i find a comprehensive help pages/site to explain to me what do the differnt sections do, how to use them and give a few examples .... is there a help page like that ?
cuz most of the help that i can see is about the configuration of the application on the server , and settings the right functions to work on particular servers,. i cant seem to get a handle on it.
now, if this reads like a rant - my appologies. its not meant to be. just a pleas for help.

thanks in advance for any help you can offer,
Zax
zaxxon
phpList newbie

Re: where the blip is the help section ?

Postby H2B2 » 4:05am, Mon 18 Sep, 2006

zaxxon wrote:i am looking through the application and managed to upload a template, but when i add the [content] tab in to it the entire template is being populate by a socrates dialog...
Socrates is only being used here as an example of how content text would look in your template. It will not actually be included in your message.

zaxxon wrote:i am looking where to define or find the list of predefined tabs [?] and cant find one, i collected a few that were peppered aroud in the differant section.
I suppose you are referring to the tabs you should find when you click on 'Send a message' in the admin backend. These are described on Message functions page of the docs.

zaxxon wrote:where can i find a comprehensive help pages/site to explain to me what do the differnt sections do, how to use them and give a few examples
I agree that the phplist documentation could use some writers to contribute in completing it and keeping it up to date. Searching the forum could also help to answer questions you might have.
H2B2

Postby zaxxon » 8:13am, Mon 18 Sep, 2006

what i was refering was the placeholders - sorry for not getting the terminolgy right found it at http://docs.phplist.com/MessageFunctionsInfo

i was lookingfor that socrates dialog is being defined so i can get rid of it - what pupose does it serve ? besides being sol long and forcing me to scroll sown to see my message that is.
still trying to figure it out . many of the placeholders defined in the page i mentioned above are not being described at all.
i am using version 2.10.2 is there a better more detailed help list in any of the other versions ? basicaly - though obviously no one owes me a thing - i am quite surprised to see such lacking documantation in such a mature version....
maybe i am not that bright but has any one with out a keen webmastering / php skill ever managed to get a newsletter off the ground ?
zaxxon
phpList newbie

Postby Hernol » 3:22pm, Mon 18 Sep, 2006

In the "?" link, before the content area of a message you have all the placeholders you can use.
Hernol
Admin

Re: where the blip is the help section ?

Postby coolgee6 » 7:06am, Thu 18 Dec, 2014

where do i change the mailadress in the messages of 350-060 braindumps - testking
when a subscriber confirms are sent to?
I've changed all the adresses in the settings but it doesn't change.
coolgee6
phpList newbie

Return to Question & Problems - after installing