batch deleting users

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

batch deleting users

Postby gin » 7:03am, Wed 20 Dec, 2006

So I'm on a shared domain, and PHP has no IMAP installed. While I try to get that fixed, I have to process bounces manually. So, I have like 300-500 emails I'm pretty sure are duds. Is there a way to do a batch delete of users?
gin
phpList newbie

Postby Hernol » 1:20pm, Wed 20 Dec, 2006

You want to delete users with bounces that you manually got?
Hernol
Admin

Postby jackbremer » 1:16pm, Thu 08 Mar, 2007

you don't need IMAP for bounce processing, POP3 is fine
jackbremer
PL Geek

Postby H2B2 » 1:56pm, Thu 08 Mar, 2007

jackbremer wrote:you don't need IMAP for bounce processing, POP3 is fine

You do actually need IMAP, though not the IMAP protocol:
Error: IMAP is not included in your PHP installation, cannot continue. There is a major confusion that has been caused by the PHP developer naming a module the IMAP module even though it is used for more than just IMAP. PHPlist needs the IMAP functions in PHP in order to connect to the mailbox that will hold the bounces. The mailbox itself is a POP3 mailbox, or you can configure it to be a local mailbox files, but whatever the situation, the IMAP functions are necessary. IMAP functions in PHP has nothing to do with the actual IMAP protocol (at least not as far as phplist is concerned). You should be able to solve this issue by installing (and compiling) the IMAP module into PHP. If you are on a shared hosting account, you should contact your hosting provider.

Source: http://docs.phplist.com/PhplistTroubleshooting
H2B2

Postby jackbremer » 1:47pm, Fri 09 Mar, 2007

H2B2, as always you are a fantastic teacher!
jackbremer
PL Geek

Return to Question & Problems - after installing