Add a comment to Forward

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Add a comment to Forward

Postby UsrLnx » 3:13am, Wed 17 Jan, 2007

I can't find where to customize the Forward page so that when a message is Forwarded using http://mydomain/lists/?p=forward you can add a textarea box for sender comments (much like the comments added when you unsubscribe). I've searched the forum and found a couple of requests like this, but no answers.
UsrLnx
phpList newbie

Postby Hernol » 7:51pm, Wed 17 Jan, 2007

That will include a new 'insert' in the database, a new column in the forward table, and it might cause problems. You can create a table for this, and put the info there, then for read it you have to make a 'select...' from mysql... I guess you have to check the lists/index.php file
Hernol
Admin

Postby jfm5440 » 4:58pm, Sun 18 Mar, 2007

This is the most frequent complaint I get from the Board of Directors "Why can't I add a personal message when I forward an announcement."

See the Directors all have personal e-mail lists that they don't want on the general list because they want to personalize each event announcement.

But technically I'm not sure why it would require a DB table column since there's no need to save the comment. Wouldn't you just pass the comment typed in the form to the php mailer code you post to?
jfm5440
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing