System Email Texts Not Updating

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

System Email Texts Not Updating

Postby kaidegner » 11:15pm, Sun 21 Jan, 2007

Hi - so here's a weird one:

1. I installed phplist, customized attributes, sent test messages that included custom attributes, and generally have everything else working...buuut

2. I update the text in the system emails, e.g. the confirmation email, but the emails arrive with their original default text. When I'm in the general configuration menu, my new text appears, so it must have been saved somewhere - but the emails themselves are taking their text from a different location. Huh?

I did install phplist into the same directory twice, and thus have two SQL databases. Could that be a problem? Is there a second file in phplist that calls the database?

Thanks, community, for a prompt response.

- Kai
kaidegner
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 2:41am, Mon 22 Jan, 2007

The values on the configuration page are default values which will be used when creating a new subscribe page.

Existing subscribe pages need to be edited individually to apply the changes you want (Admin module >> subscribe pages >> Edit)

Ref: http://docs.phplist.com/EditSubscribePageInfo
H2B2

Not sure if that answers the questions

Postby kaidegner » 4:44pm, Thu 25 Jan, 2007

Hi H2B2,

Thanks for the reply, though I'm unsure that that answers my question. I'm concerned about the text in the default *emails*, not the subscribe page.

I change the text for these emails in the configuration area, but still get the original default text arriving in my inbox.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kai
kaidegner
phpLister

More info

Postby kaidegner » 4:48pm, Thu 25 Jan, 2007

Incidentally, the "from" email address also does not change when I update it to something new.

Is there a different table that stores these values?
kaidegner
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 12:34am, Fri 26 Jan, 2007

Again, Admin interface >> subscribe pages >> edit >> and then change these system messages as needed:
- Message they receive when they subscribe
- Message they receive when they confirm their subscription

Or perhaps I didn't understand your question correctly?
H2B2

I am having this exact problem...

Postby charmedworks » 6:35pm, Tue 22 May, 2007

Did anyone ever figure this out?

In summary, in the configuration display it LOOKS like the text for the confirmation and other emails has been changed, but when phpList actually SENDS these emails, they are the default text.

ie the confirmation email is: "Almost welcome to our newsletters... etc"

I have only one database installed so I know multiple installations is not my problem. Any help?
charmedworks
phpList newbie

Postby charmedworks » 6:56pm, Tue 22 May, 2007

Oh, it's me again.

I've just resolved this and would like to share.

It seems that since subscribe page that has been set up is tied to a SPECIFIC set of emails that are listed on it's admin page (viewed by choosing edit for that particular subscribe page.).

Since the text for the emails populates from the default main configure page into the specific subscribe page settings, if the subscribe page was set up BEFORE changes are made to the default main configuration page, these changes do not automatically propigate into the existing subscribe page settings.

I resolved this by editing the main conifigure page AS WELL AS any subscribe pages that were set up before the main configure page was changed.

Cheers-
charmedworks
phpList newbie

Return to Question & Problems - after installing