Bad File Descriptor issue

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Bad File Descriptor issue

Postby glaze » 11:29pm, Mon 12 Feb, 2007

I am having a problem with getting to the first configure page. I get the following error. I got this when I first installed PHPlist in a subdomain. Then it started working but I don't know why it would be doing this. I have installed and am running 2 working copies of the software on my websites(1 copy on 2 different servers.)

Warning: main(/home/.../public_html/lists/admin/): failed to open stream: Bad file descriptor in /home/.../public_html/lists/index.php on line 35

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/.../public_html/lists/admin/' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.../public_html/lists/index.php on line 35

Everything should be installed fine, but it doesn't load to any page.

PHP list should be configured correctly in the config.php

The directory is in the default directory exactly as it is when you download it. Any advice?

Here is a copy of what my Config.php says for where it should reference for the install.

Code: Select all
# if you change the path to the PHPlist system, make the change here as well # path should be relative to the root directory of your webserver (document root) # you cannot actually change the "admin", but you can change the "lists" $pageroot = '/lists'; $adminpages = '/lists/admin'; /*

The installation is in public_html/lists. And the admin page is giving me an error of this:

Warning: main(/home/glazedpr/public_html/lists/admin/): failed to open stream: Unknown error: 0 in /home/glazedpr/public_html/lists/admin/index.php on line 83

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/glazedpr/public_html/lists/admin/' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/glazedpr/public_html/lists/admin/index.php on line 83

I have searched forums and cannot seem to find anyone having the same issue. If anyone could help I would be very greatful.
glaze
phpLister

Postby H2B2 » 11:19pm, Tue 13 Feb, 2007

This could be related to an upload problem (e.g., check that you uploaded php files as ascii) or perhpaps your server is running an old version of php: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=10110

You could search the internet and see what comes up.
H2B2

Postby glaze » 10:16pm, Thu 22 Feb, 2007

I re-upped the files and it is working perfectly. Thanks for the advice :D
glaze
phpLister

Return to Question & Problems - after installing