Page 1 of 1

bad links

PostPosted: 8:47pm, Thu 15 Feb, 2007
by a8le
hi all,

i am sent our first newsletter using PHPlist recently, there were a few hangups but everything turned out working except for the links from my html version emails. there is an extra "amp;" in the links, for example...

text version...

http:://www.mycompany.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=77

html version...

http:://www.mycompany.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=77

has anyone ever ran into this problem? please help me, i would appreciate any suggestions.

thnx,
a8le

PostPosted: 4:44am, Fri 16 Feb, 2007
by H2B2
I tested those urls on my install, but I can't reproduce the problem with this setup:
phplist 2.10.4
configuration page:
Charset for HTML messages: UTF-8
Charset for Text messages: UTF-8
config.php:
Message encoding
# you can specify the encoding for HTML and plaintext messages here. This only
# works if you do not use the phpmailer (see below)
# the default should be fine. Valid options are 7bit, quoted-printable and base64
define("HTMLEMAIL_ENCODING","quoted-printable");
define("TEXTEMAIL_ENCODING",'7bit');

You might try changing the message encoding settings in config.php and see if that fixes the issue.

html editor or webmail

PostPosted: 10:33pm, Fri 16 Feb, 2007
by a8le
hi H2B2 and all,

i changed my setting as suggested, but my problems are still there...

i have figured it out to be one of two problem...

1) its the html editor in phplist... after i press "source" and enter in my code the "&" become "&" ... i noticed this after pressing "source" a second time to check the links.

2) i tried to do a work around... after i enter my source, i used the html editor's "find replace" tool to replace "&" with "&"... then sent the emails. i sent the emails to my company email (outlook'ed) and to a personal email account (hotmail). i found out that outlook translates the links fine but hotmail adds the extra "amp;".

still kind of stuck on this, don't know what i should be looking at or for...

suggestions please. :cry:

thnx in advance,
a8le

PostPosted: 11:12am, Sat 17 Feb, 2007
by H2B2
In that case you could try and disable FCKeditor in config.php to confirm that it really is the cause of the problem. If confirmed you could consult the FCKeditor forum for info on how to fix this.
Ref:
http://docs.phplist.com/UsingFCKEditor
http://fckeditor.biz/

Alternatively you could install and enable TinyMCE
Ref: http://docs.phplist.com/TinyMCE

working fine

PostPosted: 3:35am, Wed 28 Feb, 2007
by a8le
after taking your advice, and disabling the FCK editor... all the links are working fine. :lol:

thank you,
a8le