Please help:Messages don't send even though eventlog says so

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Please help:Messages don't send even though eventlog says so

Postby grrosie » 8:05pm, Tue 20 Feb, 2007

We've just started using PHP List for our business within the past month. Finally we've figured out that many of our subscribers have not been getting the messages.

Some info on our case:

-We can send test messages fine.
-There is no apparent rhyme or reason to which email addresses receive the messages and which don't. (e.g. some gmail users get it, some don't -- same with the other major email domains. It doesn't seem to relate to a person's alphanumerical order in the mailing list either -- as if it only got halfway through the list and then stopped.)
-We set everyone to receive HTML emails and we send as HTML only. Not sure if this could be making a difference. We do it this way because we don't want everyone to get 2 emails at a time (correct me if I'm wrong on this but that's what it seems like it would do if you send as "text and HTML").
-When we process the queue it appears that everything sent out fine! No indication of any errors in the eventlog.
-Our mailing list is about 2500 people. I don't know if this is a part of the problem -- if we are maxxing out our bandwidth or something. If so, I don't know where/how to change this setting or how to find out how much our server can handle. And, when talking about the "server," does this have to do with our ISP or the server that our website is hosted on? (we "send" our messages from the main email address on the same domain name as our website.) Does it matter, if I log into the PHPList Admin page, where I am physically when I send the message? (I use a laptop so at times I am not at home -- I am using a public Internet connection.)
-We've recently changed "hosting" for our website -- not on purpose, but apparently servers were migrated or something.
-I just set up a "Test List" (as opposed to just sending individual test emails) and included some people who had previously not received any of our messages. So far, I know that at least a couple of them received this message successfully. (I also changed the setting to "text and HTML" instead of "HTML only".)

If anybody can help me with this -- ASAP -- that would be very much appreciated! We are trying to find another system that will hopefully send out all of our emails, but if we can make PHP List work, even better.

Thanks to whoever takes the time to help on this!
grrosie
phpList newbie

Postby Hernol » 4:25pm, Thu 22 Feb, 2007

-When we process the queue it appears that everything sent out fine! No indication of any errors in the eventlog.
Can you paste the text of the processqueue here to check it out?

Our mailing list is about 2500 people. I don't know if this is a part of the problem -- if we are maxxing out our bandwidth or something. If so, I don't know where/how to change this setting or how to find out how much our server can handle. And, when talking about the "server," does this have to do with our ISP or the server that our website is hosted on? (we "send" our messages from the main email address on the same domain name as our website.) Does it matter, if I log into the PHPList Admin page, where I am physically when I send the message? (I use a laptop so at times I am not at home -- I am using a public Internet connection.)
Mails are sent from your website server, and it maight have restriction on sending emails. You have to ask you host provider, and check this to set up the right config here

-I just set up a "Test List" (as opposed to just sending individual test emails) and included some people who had previously not received any of our messages. So far, I know that at least a couple of them received this message successfully. (I also changed the setting to "text and HTML" instead of "HTML only".)
This is better to do with "text and HTML".
Hernol
Admin

Return to Question & Problems - after installing