Started Receiving error after 2 years

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Started Receiving error after 2 years

Postby nathanhoward » 2:58am, Wed 21 Feb, 2007

Hello Forum members:

I hope someone can help with this ... We have been using phpList for 2 years and just recently have started receiving the error message below but only when we try to save a message over 50K. Below 50K no error, all works fine. Is this error from phpList? If so then where can I hack to change it?

Is this a PHP error? If so what do I suggest to my ISP to change in the PHP configuration?

(The server uses PHP 4.4.3 & mySql 4.1.21-standard)

I have sent several help messages to our ISP service but they have no clue what is causing the error. They think it is the .htaccess file but it lets me in every time when saving a message below 50K so I don't know why they think that. (no one has changed it in 2 years anyway) ...

Thanks in advance, Nathan

ERROR WE RECEIVE
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /phpList/admin/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
nathanhoward
phpList newbie

Postby Hernol » 4:33pm, Thu 22 Feb, 2007

Somebody else to help you.
What you should do is check the .htaccess and test if deleting the 'magic_quotes...' line to see if that make the trick.

I bet that can also be something in the php.ini of apache
check this info
; Magic quotes for incoming GET/POST/Cookie data.
magic_quotes_gpc = On

; Magic quotes for runtime-generated data, e.g. data from SQL, from exec(), etc.
magic_quotes_runtime = Off

; Use Sybase-style magic quotes (escape ' with '' instead of \').
magic_quotes_sybase = Off

; Automatically add files before or after any PHP document.
auto_prepend_file =
auto_append_file =
Hernol
Admin

Postby nathanhoward » 10:07pm, Thu 22 Feb, 2007

Thanks Hernol ... I just now tried removing the magic quotes line but I still get the access error when trying to save a message over 50K in size ... any one else?

I will try almost anything ...
nathanhoward
phpList newbie

Return to Question & Problems - after installing