Message disappeared and only partly sent out

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Message disappeared and only partly sent out

Postby snoopy » 11:31am, Wed 28 Feb, 2007

Hi

PHPlist version 2.10.2

I sent out in teh past successfully my newsletters. Always over 14.000 users.

Yesterday I wanted to send a new one out again. Although I did not change anything, it gives me trouble.

The message I wrote went out sucessfully to my "testlist", which is 8 users with diferent addressa at yahoo, t-online, gmx, web.de etc.

After that, I sent out the exact same message without any changes to my "real" list of 14.000 users. It started with processing teh queue, but the html page was only visible halfway. No raction from teh browser anymore, everything was frozen. After 1 hour, I logged out and back in.

I could see now my message in teh sent items, but only around 8000 users seem to have gotten it. It was declared as "paused".

So I clicked on "paused" to continue the sending process to the other 6000 users. I went into process queue and started it again. The same affect again: frozen screen etc.

Strangely, I did not get any information by mail (with the testlist I got it without problems).

And now teh real surprise: I can not see my message anymore in phplist in the section "messages". It is gone!

So I have no clou, whether it was sent out or what broke while sending it out. There is nothing in the queue anymore. No indication anywhere what could be wrong.

I am lost & desperate. This message has to go out asap and I do not know what to do.

I do not want to send it twice until I know the reason for this behaviour.

Can anybody help me?

Is it risky to upgarde now to the newset version? Would this help at all?

Thanks in advance
snoopy
PL Geek

Postby H2B2 » 3:20am, Thu 01 Mar, 2007

Hard to say what could be causing this. If you're on a shared host you might contact your provider and see if they have a limit on using server resources. They problably have.
If you have dedicated server, you might check whether increasing memory resources fixes the problem.

If you enabled clicktracking, try disabling it.
H2B2

Return to Question & Problems - after installing