Cron Job

Once you've installed phpList Version 2... ask questions here!
Forum rules
Please help the volunteers to help you by supplying the version of phpList you are using, browser & version and if possible, a link to your phpList installation. This is for Version 2 of phpList (the orange one).

Cron Job

Postby Creativeye » 1:24pm, Sun 04 Mar, 2007

Hi there,
Got few questions, I have installed phplist and everything seems to work perfectly. But I don’t want to leave the window open when I process queue. I have read many threads here in this forum, but I never tried any as I’m not sure which one is the latest and which will work for me. My database consists of 12000 mail ids.
I’m hosted with bluehost and by default there is a corn job which runs 500 mails every hour. In my phplist config file following are the configuration.
Eg
("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_SIZE", 150);
("MAILQUEUE_BATCH_PERIOD",3600);
('MAILQUEUE_THROTTLE',2);

But in this page /newsletter/admin/?page=messages I can see its mentioned 1322msgs/hr how can this be possible. But in process queue page following is the message
Started
Sending in batches of 150 emails
Processing has started, 1 message(s) to process.
Please leave this window open. You have batch processing enabled, so it will reload several times to send the messages.
Now can I close this window? What happens if I close this window will my mails still be processed, coz I see in this page /newsletter/admin/?page=messages in process. So what does this mean? As I work in a office I cant just sit in front of the pc and leave this window open at times I have page /newsletter/admin/?page=messages to restart my pc.
Is there anyway I can send them automatically with out clicking on process queue. Can I try the solution given in this topic http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?t=2232 please let us know. As I guess most of the people who have a big database might need help.
Creativeye
PL Nut

Postby H2B2 » 3:09pm, Sun 04 Mar, 2007

Please take a look at http://docs.phplist.com/ProcessQueueInfo and related pages. They should answer many of your questions.
H2B2

Not Working

Postby Creativeye » 7:30am, Tue 06 Mar, 2007

Hi can any one explain me in simple terms how to configure cron. well i tried all the solutions but nothing seems to work.
i tried each and every sloution. My Hosting company is Bluehost. running php cgi, linux based. i have cron editor in control panel.
Suprisinlly i saw a default cron job to this path in the crontab
i also tried creating pb.php and calling it in cron. nothing seems to work. i read so many threads and i'm confused. i tried all the suggestions. i'm unable to post the error and path i used coz it doesnt allow coz i'm new here i have not posted 10.
just simple thing i want know how to set up cron with bluehost hosting with linux and php cgi. i have batch process as i need to send only 200 emails per hour not more i have not configured my config.php to allow manual process
please help
Creativeye
PL Nut

Postby foo10019 » 1:43pm, Tue 06 Mar, 2007

I'm pretty sure I saw someone getting a corn (sic) job on a super 8mm movie I had back in the 70s.
foo10019
phpList newbie

Postby Creativeye » 11:50am, Thu 08 Mar, 2007

Is there no expert in this forum, i see people have viewed the page around 90 times but not one answer expect the system defaut.
Is anyone using bluehost & phplist please help.
Creativeye
PL Nut

Postby H2B2 » 3:16pm, Thu 08 Mar, 2007

How to set up a cron job is described in the documentation:
- The three interfaces of PHP
- Setting up cron jobs
- Cron job examples

Additionally, you could take a look at this tread which might to some extent be considered a walk through:
http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?t=7191

I heard bluehost is helpful and provides active support to it's users. You might give it a try.
H2B2

Postby Creativeye » 11:51am, Fri 09 Mar, 2007

Thanks i'm trying dig something out of the topic you just reffered, it seems interesting, let me check it out.
Creativeye
PL Nut

Still nothing

Postby Creativeye » 2:23pm, Fri 09 Mar, 2007

Well i tried everything was suggested, i posted the answer in the ablove post, niways this is become very tedious, even checked with bluehost they tried to configure my cron still no use, they suggested toi check here. let me c if things are working
Creativeye
PL Nut

hi

Postby Creativeye » 5:32am, Sat 10 Mar, 2007

Thanks H2B2, Your suggestion worked, I checked that post and with little help from Balitas my problem is solved.

He guys anybody having porblem with cron just read this topic,
http://forums.phplist.com/viewtopic.php?p=29114#29114

cheers if anyone needs further help, please post your questions here.
Creativeye
PL Nut

Return to Question & Problems - after installing